The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coins through table using Schoolcraft Flipper? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Folks,
I'm working on two small group parlor sets that will be adapted for certain venues including close-up and a mainstay for a new program in 2008.

Dean Dill's beautiful coin through table has inspired me to look at a coin through table routine. Can't swing the cost and the props don't match the style of what we do but for those that can swing the cost, it looks wonderful.

And I'm working on the framing so a coins through table routine would play to teens especially with the right props which are available for where we'll be performing. We will be standing, the tables are adjustable and may even be at eye level for those who are our spectators (in the close up setting.)

I do have a beautiful Schoolcraft Flipper and my goal for 2008 is to actually use it since it's such a working piece.

Any recommendations on routines or notable phases? Any recommendations on such a routine that uses a Schoolcraft flipper?

Thanks as always in advance for your thoughtful insight. PM's are also welcomed.
Mike
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Dean Dill is supposed to have a great coins thru table...check with him!

Paul h.
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Of course, it uses the flipper as the main gaff.

Forgot to mention that.

Paul h.
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
Are you talking about Dean's Triangle? that's a wonderful effect. I don't really do coins thru table so I don't know any that use a flipper coin. But I will encourage you to take Pauls advice and check with Dean. Give him a call and ask him. I am sure he would help a great deal since hes a wonderful coin man. I think it would also be much faster if you contact him. Here is his website if you want to contact him: deandill.com Sorry I could not be of any more help.

Good luck,

Art
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Yo can find Dean Dills excellent products here!

http://www.deandill.com/

COINS THROUGH TABLE: http://www.deandill.com/triangle.html
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
You could easily adapt the flipper coin to David Roth's "Folding Coins through the Table" from his Expert Coin Magic book or Ultimate Coin Magic DVD Vol. 1.
Click to visit:
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Check out Ron Jaxon's Flip M Out and/or my Impossible Coins Across and/or Dan Watkin's Four Coins, Your Hands. Each of these routines has something unique to offer you in your study on coins through table. While Ron Jaxon's routine is the only of the three with an actual coins through table phase, you'll find three distinct and versitile styles when utilizing the gaff and should easily be able to modify your handling to accomidate the presence of a table.

You should be able to find Ron's effect on his website. You can certainly find my effect in my notes available on my site. And as you may have noticed, you should be able to find Dan's on his website on his Coin Man Walking DVD.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Troy Hooser has an excellent coins thru table using a flipper. It is on his Destroyers dvd and I believe it is also in the book. Ron Jaxon's routine has a phase where you drop the flipper, and he recommends NOT using a custom flipper as it may become damaged. Of the two, I prefer Troy's - it is clean and convincing and technically relatively easy.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I echo what Eric says about Ron Jaxon's Flip-M-Out. Great use of the Flipper Coin.

And Eric, I just put two and two together, and have been enjoying your stuff in Antinomy. Thanks!

RevJohn
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'll second the Hooser routine....Smooth...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
Is the new John Kennedy supercoin better for this?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
For coin through table, you might as well use a flipper. The penetration looks better, more visual.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
I third Hooser as well
While Dean's routine uses a [

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Folks,
Thanks all for the ideas. I've started digging into some of the references mentioned. Thanks indeed all.

M
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Werner G. Seitz (RIP) had the best stand-up version by far that I've ever seen. I don't know if he ever published it, though.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The key is to find out how YOU want to handle coins and then use the available tools to make something which works for you.

Mike, you don't need us for this. It's an intermediate level student exercise. One you should have few problems doing since you can use the Gallo Pitch, the standard Han Ping Chien, Roth's Shuttle Pass, the retention pass and other readily available handling and the sleights many are using now for Visual Coins Across routines.

Depending on if you go with the standard or gravity flipper - other options are there as per the Robert Swadling Double Deception approach using another gaff and something you might want to consider doing to your wallet (in addition to making room by paying for the gaffs)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Another vote for werners,also troy hooser has a good stand up coins thru table on one of his dvds.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
HERE is Werner's. I do miss the guy.
Click to visit:
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Thanks for the link Dan. What wonderful magic.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Werner was great. I've never seen this clip before, but I have to say it's a beautiful blend of clever thinking, clever gaffing and standard sleights. He seemed to never stop thinking about and refining magic that interested him, and this routine shows that perfectly.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coins through table using Schoolcraft Flipper? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL