The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Control and Brain Control? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
A thought I would share this. It might be intresting to a few of you...

L.

http://www.mindcontrolforums.com/
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
While on the subject a great starting point is the following site http://www.skepdic.com/mindcont.html

Yaniv Deautsch
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
I would usually just have assumed that such a site as the one referred to by Ramsay was bogus and b.s. to begin with...

However, I must say I was very surprised when I recognized a somewhat half-close friend of mine on the picture. I know that man and it is his real name and I've partially heard of his story from other sources.

I don't know anything about the rest of the people mentioned on the adjoining sites, or the site at large, but the guy I'm referring to is real and I would think the medical letters, etc., are real too.

I do think the site Yaniv refers to is worth reading also, however.

/Matias
noncom
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham, UK
125 Posts

Profile of noncom
Whilst not wishing to upset anyone's belief in such accounts (and I would particularly make it clear that I am in no way challenging what Matias says of his friend's experience) I'm afraid the jumbled collection of anecdotes at the wesbite Luke has pointed to doesn't strike me as worthy of serious attention.

I (as I'm sure many others here will) have some close experience of people with varying degrees and symptoms of mental illness. The associated paranoia of some conditions can give rise to exactly these kind of beliefs, as the sufferer desperately tries to rationalise their delusions into some (to them) coherent whole.

There seem to be too many statements on the site along the lines of "mind control can deliberately mimic some of the symptoms of mental illness" or "people tell me I'm crazy, but I know I'm not". The suffering of people with these experiences is tragic and not to be dismissed, and I feel strongly that encouraging a belief which states that mental health professionals offering them psychotherapy and/or medication are part of a government conspiracy lets them down badly.

Andy
It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it - Bananarama.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Control and Brain Control? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL