The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Harry Anderson card trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

REV BILL
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Burnie Maryland
1011 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
What is the name of the trick Harry Anderson performs with 4 jumbo cards that finish with the letters F.A.K.E. ? Is it still available?
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Where have you seen this performed? As a "Harry" guy, I seem to remember something like this once on TV, but don't remember more about it...PM me with details or I'll just send you one.

Steve
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I've seen it, but I don't think it's ever been released. If I recall it was on a TV special (probably filmed at Disneyland) starring Harry and featuring Markie Post, Turk Pipkin, and the rest of the "gang" filmed in a victorian style theater.

I think all Harry's required was an "in the air" Elmsley Count, and of course what made the trick was the story, about his Father (Grandfather?) challenging him to find a specified card. If he lost he'd have to mow the lawn for a week. Sound familiar yet?

The closest I've come is a Bob Jardine packet effect called "Marked Cards" released in his lecture notes many years ago. Instead of writing the values and suits, I stenciled the cards with jumbo letters to match the value of the cards so they spelled "FAKE." Four blue backed cards are shown and turn face up one at a time in typical packet trick fashion. At the end you admit the cards are "marked" and show the now *Red* backed cards with "F" for the five, "A" for the Ace, and so on.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
The special was called "Disney's Magic in the Magic Kingdom", and featured Harry Anderson, Lance Burton, the Pendragons and Siegfried & Roy. Turk Pipkin wasn't anywhere in the special, at least not in a capacity that I remember. I do remember him in "Hello Sucker", along with Mike Caveney, Tina Lenert & Martin Lewis.

Harry Anderson never released the F-A-K-E routine, but he did market a routine with a similar basis, called "Jumbo Marked".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Harry Anderson card trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL