The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for scales for Capricornian Tales effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I am looking for the scales for an effect in "Capricornian Tales." Anyone know where to get them?

Most magically yours,
WR

I would like the ones already ready to do the effect, if possible. Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
Try the "Scales of Death" here...

[outdated link]
Smile
What is the color of magic?
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
I don't really like Black harts effect with scales(it seems to leave to much to go wrong)
but i did buy a set from a car boot sale for a quid and came up with my own routine.
Also an antique minature rocking chair which moves on its own when i tell a story of a little girl who died. Smile
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Use any (nice) normal scales + two different weighted cushions. A moving miniature rocking chair is a wonderful idea for a haunted dollhouse effect Smile
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
At one time, Mary Tomich had these balance scales. Try [outdated link]

Some of the balance scales are made in India. I use a different method for changing the weight of the feather and heart in Chelman's Psychostacy.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
roguemagic
View Profile
New user
bizarre iowa
96 Posts

Profile of roguemagic
I was able to find my scales on e-Bay.

Take care,
Craig
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Lyndonwebb, that rocking chair idea is pure genius. Just a beautiful idea.

As for a source of scales, I think I found a nice selection for you here (4 different kinds to choose from, ranging in price from $7 to $65) --

[outdated link]
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
Thanx Necromancer, The poem i use came from inspiration i found on the web (can't remember the site) but i cant display it at the moment, i might be writing a book. Smile
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Aren't we all.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
Lyndonwebb,can you tell us more why you do not like the Blackhart's scales?They were in my wish list for too long now...
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
The Scales of Death look just like the ones in Capricornian Tales. however, the method is different.

Oh, and the Curator is beyond kind with his revelation.

lastly, yndonwebb, as I don't know who you really are and thus you may be well aware of this, the rocking chair idea has seen print. Not suggesting anything, just FYI. oh, and keeping with the idea, there is something even more child related you may wish to substitute (also in print) Smile

s
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for scales for Capricornian Tales effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL