The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Did Corinda really perform? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
Are there any films/videos in existence of Corinda performing? Are there even any account of others having seen his act?
He claims in 13 Steps to have earned a good living from mentalism, but I haven't found any evidence that he ever actually performed before a real audience (i.e. not magicians).
Vinzent
View Profile
New user
París, France
98 Posts

Profile of Vinzent
Someone tell me that he wasn't a good performer, just a great teacher.
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
This topic seems to appear every few months..

Corinda did tons of performing, theres information about it somewhere..

Someone more historically sound than me will show it.. or just do a search on the forum for this same topic.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Apparently, the famed psychic reverend Mark Lewis knew him around that time, and Tony ran a small shop in london, and occasionally dropped into Hamleys where mr. lewis used to work...

according to him, tony was just as v_alfano said, he didn't perform much, but put it all together and taught it fantastically well...

I think its that he wasn't a bad performer, just prefered to write the stuff, rather than performing it all..
I've asked to be banned
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Since you all read the Fogel book....you DID read the Fogel book, right? Back to it, you would have read about Corinda and his association with Fogel and what he did.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm still reading mind, myth and magic of David Berglas...

then it's onto annemanns biog, and THEN Fogel's...too many books, not enough reading hours..
I've asked to be banned
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Corinda helped more than once Fogel and david Berglas to achieve some of their effects
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Well dang, now you went and ruined the book! The Fogel book is outstanding sport fans.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
I'm sure there's some stuff about Corinda in The Mind and Magic of David Berglas, there's certainly a picture of him with Punx and Berglas enjoying a joke, but I'm several glasses of red to the good...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm posting this on behalf of the reverend mark lewis, who says, I got things a little skewed, he did say not to mention his name, as he is the modicum of dignity and shyness, but I have now...anyway, he says:

"I see that my name is mentioned in connection with Corinda. I had better clarify things a little better. I not only knew Corinda (who incidentally is still alive and I believe reads the magic Café) but actually worked for him at one point.

I actually feuded with him too at one point but that was after I worked for him.

He was not a professional mentalist although he knew a lot about it. He was more of a businessman than an entertainer. However he could certainly entertain when he put his mind to it. I saw him do a masterful performance of the centre tear exactly how he described it in his book.

He owned the magic department in Hamleys where I worked with Ali Bongo. One day he came in drunk (he was a big drinker) to the shop and went behind the counter and started to demonstrate some of the slum items that were sold there including the little plastic cups and balls. He was superb. "
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Did Corinda really perform? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL