The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Newbie Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Guys,

I have been studying and practicing and have taken all the great suggestions as to whom to read or watch, like the works of Osterlind, Banachek, Corinda, TA Waters, etc...

One thing (other than on DVD) that I have not experienced is an actual live performance by a mentalist.

I live in the Washington DC metropolitan area, where can I find out about performances in my area and since I travel quite a bit, other locations?

I think it would really help me out to see someone in action in font of a live audience.

Thanks,

The CiscoKid
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
248 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Look at youtube you will find something there serarch on google video for some performances of mentalists but do not copy a performer be yourself and form your own style
JasonLinett
View Profile
Loyal user
Alexandria, VA
202 Posts

Profile of JasonLinett
Alain Nu, Mark Phillips, and Bob Sheets organize "The Comedy and Mystery Society."

Two shows a month, typically. It's rarely all three of them, or even two of them, bu they keep up a great performance schedule and bring it some great guests.

http://www.comedymysterysociety.com/

Get on their mailing list.
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Washington DC has a thriving magic community, do a search for IBM, and SAM chapters. They are a great bunch of guys - they made me feel very welcome when I relocated there a few years back.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Or you could go to the Senate building or the White House to catch some wacky mindplay!

DT3
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Newbie Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL