The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Better Than I Thought It Would Go" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
Ok. New topic!

Have you ever had an effect you've been "carrying around" for a while - worked the technique, thought over the presentation, and so on - which got a significantly stronger reaction than you expected the first time you performed it for someone?

If so, what?

(For me, it's *still* "Positive Negative" from the October 2006 MAGIC... I'm still stunned at how strongly people respond to it.)
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
248 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Yes, in my case it was the Mindpower Deck... I bought it and had never shown it to anyone. After a while, I was at a private party and I showed them my routine with this deck, and they went nuts more than I expected.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
For me, it was the ID. I use my own presentation based on subtle influence, and it really is an immensely strong effect to begin with. Sometimes I feel like I'm leeching off the underlying creativity, it's that good.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
For me, it was the original Ring Off Rope: borrowed finger ring knotted in the center of a rope, rope wrapped around my wrist and tied, ring vanishes and ends up on a finger on the other hand.

I was thrown off by the response from the crowd and ended up using it as my closer effect for table hopping...the other tables always wanted to know what I'd done that made everyone squeal and scream and applaud. That one helped me be better than I was.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
mindsynced
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of mindsynced
Invisible Deck.
Keith Brown
Entertainer, Speaker and Author
"Exceeding YOUR Entertaiment Expectations"
www.keithbrownentertainment.com

"Making Magical Memories~Teaching Biblical Truth"
www.keithbrown.org
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
Without a doubt, Invisible Deck and Jay Sankey's Cut Here.

Ezzet
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
My Brain
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18808 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Eddie Burke's ACAAN...

And a tarot piece I came up with almost by accident after talking to that geezer, Jon Thompson, a few posts up from me...
I've asked to be banned
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
B'Wave. The reactions are unreasonably good!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Better Than I Thought It Would Go" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL