The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carry with you MOABT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
*cough* the hateful page *cough*

I think it was psychic turtle amongst others that said they liked it?!
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Esjay Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
Halls of residence
267 Posts

Profile of Esjay Dee
This book is written in English but I imagine a translation would be possible. I think it would fit the bill as it is a travel book......Double Vision by Ecker & Bearl.

steve.
nboisen
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of nboisen
*cough* got you *cough* thanks *cough*
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
AWAP might be something to look at as well.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2075 Posts

Profile of gabelson
IMHO there are several obvious stand-outs for a book you can carry-around:

"Reflections" by Outlaw. Fits in your pocket, and there are three different tests. If they know you do mentalism, this is a book that makes sense to carry with you. Looks like true mindreading.

"Double Vision" by Becker and Earle (Ecker and Berle). It's a travel guide. This is probably closest to the translation guide you mentioned. It also has NUMEROUS and varied tests in one book.

For NO-prop, Josh Zandman's "Impromptu Book Test" can work with ANYONE'S books, and perhaps, more importantly for you, in ANY language. Brilliant advancement of Hoy.

One great alternative to an actual book, is Lee Earle's Silver Bullet Lite. It can be used with ANY book, and you can carry it with you in the smallest pocket. It's not a book, but a gimmick. I recommend this even if you DO buy a gaffed book test, to use in addition.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Sorry to say it sai, but a translation would not be possible with many of the current marketed books due to the nature of their workings. I think Double Vision would fit into this category. This does not mean the workings can't be adapted to another language. I just mean that someone would have to rewrite the entire text to fit the workings to fit the linguistics of another language. If you were going to do that, you may as well create a different type of book instead of making it the same as the english version.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 01:47, spinki wrote:
Dear Samuel,
to learn and adapt different principle is my main intention. Learn and understand , than adapt the principles for myself. MOABT must be greate and for my request not the right product. The principle and secret yes, but the ready product seems to be not fitting for me.
So, my search for my personal grail goes on.

our bane:
Finding the right effect- which fits for your request and style - which do not dissapoint you - which doesn't burn your money to get it - is more time-consuming than learning sleight of hand.

From magician to mentalism to readandburnmoneylism. Smile

yours spinki

See if you can find a copy of my German lecture notes. The name is "My Way." Theo Boehm used to stock them. There is a book test in there that astounded the magicians at the 1992 Let's Go Magic convention in Berlin. Joro really likes it.

If you can't find it, PM me and I'll send you the test in English. It's very easy to do, fools people mightily and it can be done in any language.

Also, and this is the important thing, it looks like thoughtreading, not word guessing.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Listen to this man! He is the guru of booktests!!
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
Hello Spinki,

Buy the book trick by "Choice and by Chance." I use its principle with Finnish, Swedish, German, French, Enlish and Italian book, any book is good, anual reports, civil and criminal law books, even the bible, even simultaniously, but for using many books at the same time you need the Maverick Magic "Slate of Mind" slate, which of course does not fit into your pocket. Doing it with the slate and many books is a stunning trick which requires some preparatory PC work though no memeory work, doing it with any one book needs only 20 minutes with a typewriter. Do not reveal the whole word at once but make it a letter by letter mental transfer, which somehow amazes people even more. Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
I saw a performer this season using a paper back moabt. There seems to be a new product underground.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Maybe not a new product but an old one. MOAB was originally printed in paperback form.
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
I can't believe that not a single person mentioned Barrie Richardson's ACT TWO.
Make your own (semi) MOAB in any language.

Barrie has an extra effect/idea with this which is wonderful.

I don't agree that the principle is mythical, hard to pry etc.
An even cheaper resource for just the principle is
A Boon For All Seasons.

My advice is learn Marc Pauls idea...brilliant.
I have modified the positioning/handling
so it even fools me!

I was filmed at a gig last week and saw the footage
for this and it is invisible and can be done with any book.

Another option--the dictionary is a flashback book already (think bottom of page)
Also...buy Richard Marks Mind Warp and you can put together wonderful sequences for a booktest routine with any books.

I used this for years with a few bits and pieces from a Lee Fried booktest
published in MAGIC around 1990.

There is no reason you cannot put together a killer sequence with any books.
Or use Barrie's ideas to create your own book/magazine.

Cheers.
Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carry with you MOABT (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL