The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Torch through arm to dove production??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I just ordered this because I wanted a torch or candle thru arm. Is this thing really safe for a dove? If the dove part is dangerous to the dove, no big deal since I only wanted the torch thru arm part.

Just curious. It will show up in about a week to 10 days.

http://daytonamagic.net/customer/index.c......tId=8656
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4983 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I'm not familiar with the method however, if it's safe to put your arm in a tube and run a torch through it, I wouldn't be concerned with the dove. I had the same concern when I first received the fire dove bag but I worried unnecessarily.
Where the magic begins
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I got it yesterday. It is safe for the dove, but is much too small to put a live dove and your arm in at the same time without risking, hurting the bird. It is great for a more flat production of say, spring flowers or a live rose. My hand will not fit all of the way through but my wife can put hers through, so its a little small for me. I still like it very much. It comes with an aluminum torch that unscrews at the top so you can take off the tip and put it in a plastic bag or tube and not get the fluid all over. It would work for a rubber dove, or a mouse/budgie size live animal.

Oh I forgot to describe it. Thick PVC tubing and steel gimmick. It has a flocked velvet type of coating on the outside which is very nice and red ribbon on the ends. It matches perfectly to the vanishing coke can. Both are Bazaar de Magia.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4983 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Unfortunately, a lot of dove props seem to be designed by people that don't do dove magic. The ideas are nice but in actuality, the bird just won't fit where it's supposed to, especially if you are using adult birds.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Torch through arm to dove production??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL