The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Q! - Toon Genius? Anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Who has some decent information on this? I mean it seems like a good effect but is it as complicated set-up as say Optical Delusion? I have OD but I still really havent had time to set it up. And now that the Verizon Voyager is out, I need to know if it would work in that onesince I might upgrade to that.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
How about the iphone?

Will it work on my iphone???

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
You got one of those? Must be nice to have money. LOL
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I think the Card-Toon deck is better.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Card-Toon is a pretty sweet effect in its own right. I just don't like carrying multiple decks on me.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Yeah, that's true. I've had an idea for an effect, where you show the back of the card, take a video of it with your phone, and while they watch the video, and anamation happens on the card that reveals their selection. Then, they can examine the card and have a video for proof. PM me if you want to know how it works, as it is very makeable.
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments.

This is one of my pet effects. It's very easy to perform and the setup is also VERY simple. This is something that I love because you don't need to carry any extra props, since you can also perform it without a deck of cards.

Everyone LOVES it.

If you have any questions, just drop me a line.

Cheers.
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
Trick looks pretty good. I love Card-Toon so having a trick on my cell phone would keep one less deck out my pockets would be great. Is on my list to get.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Just make sure your cell phone has the ability to manage folders. You must store the necessary files in separate folders on your phone. Unfortunately my phone, the Motorola Krzr, does not recognize or use folders to store videos, pictures, etc. You should also know how to transfer files from your computer into your phone since this is not discussed on the DVD.

Matt
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi guys,

Every phone is different, and for that reason, you should ask your phone manufacturer if you'll be able to store videos/ animated images.

Then, if you have that ability, you'll have a great "anytime" effect, everyone loves the animation.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
It states that there is no force??
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Matt,

That's correct, no forces.

Thanks.

Best Wishes
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Without exposure, is this more than typing the correct card in at the beginning? On the demo the guy pushes some buttons before showing the trick. I presume it can't be that or it is totally obvious but it sure is suspicious looking anyway.
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hello Samdan,

Thanks for your comments.

What if you could perfom it without seeing the card? Smile

Q! is much more than what you think.

PS: to play a video on your cell phone you have to push buttons (Sorry about it!!)

Cheers.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Thanks jayb--I was not trying to be bothersome or critical--I was just curious from seeing the demo if the magi was just punching in what card that would show up--if not, that is fantastic and I look forward to getting it--I just got a blackberry and hope it will work on there--does anyone know if it will? thanks
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Samdan,

You'll not find the holly grail (there's no such thing in magic), my effects are like a straight line, simple and direct, for real workers, for real conditions. And I've had SO many good memories by performing this that you wouldn't believe.

If your phone as a video/image playback capability it should work.

When you get it, if you want to share some tips, ideas, etc don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Thanks jayb,
I will definitely report back after receiving and playing with it. I presume it is easy enough for a hobbyist? Hope to receive it before the holidays so I can use it then when with a lot of people.
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Samdan,

Yes, it's simple to use, and you shouldn't have any problems with it. Like I said, I follow the rule number 1 for me in magic: KISS (keep it simple stupid). Simple hits hard. Try it on people and you'll see how well it works. Mostly on girls and kids. I love when I get the "oh so cute" reaction. This is what makes magic so rewarding.

Thanks for your support.

Best Wishes
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Do you sell directly or order from a magic retailer?
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
269 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Samdan,

We are out of stock at the moment, but you can get Q! at your favourite magic shop.

Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Q! - Toon Genius? Anyone? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL