The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Neo Cold Reading Books? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
Could someone please review any of the the following books?
Crouter, F. L, Type Graphology: The Inner Secrets of Cold Reading Monograph #2

Vanderbeck, Philemon (ed.), The Collected OORT: For the Professional Cold Reader

Webster, Richard, Commercial Cold Reading .
(CD)
Further Commercial Cold Reading MagiCD

Tradecraft-The Art and Science of Cold Reading

Thanks in advance,
Yaniv Deautsch.
fordkross
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fordkross
Quote:
On 2002-02-16 19:28, Yaniv Deautsch wrote:
Could someone please review any of the the following books?
Crouter, F. L, Type Graphology: The Inner Secrets of Cold Reading Monograph #2

Vanderbeck, Philemon (ed.), The Collected OORT: For the Professional Cold Reader

Webster, Richard, Commercial Cold Reading .
(CD)
Further Commercial Cold Reading MagiCD

Tradecraft-The Art and Science of Cold Reading

Thanks in advance,
Yaniv Deautsch.

IMO, anything by Webster is worth owning Commercial Cold reading one of his better works. The monograph by Crouter is also very good. OORT, has a good idea by Tony Rose, the rest I think is filler
Re:Tradecraft, I'm reviewing this for the PEA and other publication, when I've completed it I'll post something here
from
Ford
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Hi Yaniv,

With reference to 'Tradecraft', in my own personal (humble) opnion...DON'T BOTHER!!!

For me, it was money for sheer and utter drivel (sorry, to the person who wrote it)!!!

They seemed to take rough bits and peices from other 'cold reading' books and stuck them together...

Having said that, if you're a complete beginner, go for it! It'll give you a good introduction into cold reading!

If you're looking for reccomendations...

I like Kenton Knepper's 'Completely Cold' because it boils cold reading down to some very basic principles...doubt (though don't know) that it'd work on its own and strongly believe that you'd need more techniques!

I also like Knepper's 'Wonder Readings', because it starts off with things that even complete dunces (who don't like having to memorise a script and don't like having to rely upon my virtually non-exsistant intuition/improvisation skills) like me could do, to much more advanced techniques that we can incorporate once we've got the basics 'down pat'

I also like Ian Rowlands 'Full Facts About Cold Reading' because it gives you all the tecniques under the sun; but, it requires some serious memorisation and it doesn't take you by the hand and show you how to go from beginner to expert!

The other systems I like, actually teach you how to read palms, which I feel are essential, unless you want to look like a dunce, in front of the client who's 'boned up' on palm reading, and they're as follows...

Bev's Speed Learn Palm Readings Plus Palm Tick Sheet COMBO
http://payloadz.com/go/jump?id=249341&merch_id=&aff_id=17144

&

Alan Strydom's Palmistry Quickies
Alan Strydom's Simple Esp Card Reading System
(which you'll find somewhere in the magic Café...it's where I got it from)

The one system that I didn't get on with was Richard Webster's (sorry Mr Webster)!

Warm regards,

Martin King
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
Yaniv,

Check out Doug Dyment's post in and earliar thread: Recommended books for this type of reading. It is a very good overview of what is out their.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Thanks for the info guys, but Yaniv asked about 5 years ago...
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Yeah, and maybe he's still waiting!!! (Poor bloke)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Neo Cold Reading Books? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL