The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fighting the good Fight. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3641 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Hey Kex,

Thick bases have been around forever!! Only the manufacturing techniques have varied to hide the "box" (space)...plain box, expanding wedge, mignon style, taper (of all kinds and angles!)one story multi-level, two part (bases that split) bases (did I miss some????).

The only "new" concept directly relating to bases is the 2 story base ie. Flambe, Fire Dome (Henning) etc. Nearly all legit builders concede this development is Dick Zimmerman's who still sells the rights for this style of base, Dick is a great guy and very fair, so few builders are out to s---w him out of his due. He originally produced Diana on a second level in a mix of giant hula hoops as part of his ring act. So, in regard to base design, this is the only one that I know is "protected".

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Twin Falls, ID
580 Posts

Profile of Kex
Thanks for the clarification. I assume that the bases other than the two story base have been around long enough that they are public domain. Same as illusions like sawing in half (depending on the version). Much like names like Mayonaise and Refrigerator were once brand names but have been lost due to overuse and generalization. Right?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fighting the good Fight. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL