The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 21st Century Phantom by Oz Pearlman (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I tried the website he mentions to get the cutouts. The site doesn't work.
http://www.watchmagic.com/intotheabyss

Anyone get them somewhere else?

Thanks

Mike
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-07-16 20:38, mikenewman wrote:
I tried the website he mentions to get the cutouts. The site doesn't work.
http://www.watchmagic.com/intotheabyss

Anyone get them somewhere else?

Thanks

Mike

Oz still performs this piece, so you can contact him through Café PM

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......ser=5599

He's a great guy, very helpful.
ArielIllusionist
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ArielIllusionist
This is a way to reveal something and a great piece of magic/mentalism to have. Mentalist and some magicians may know about it but the lay audience have very rarely, if ever, seen a mentalist reveal something using this method. And since our acts should be about blowing away, impressing and entertaining the spectator, not the magician, rarely if ever will you not get a strong reaction using this "unexpected method" of revelation.
ArielIllusionist
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ArielIllusionist
This is a way to reveal something and a great piece of magic/mentalism to have. Mentalist and some magicians may know about it but the lay audience have very rarely, if ever, seen a mentalist reveal something using this method. And since our acts should be about blowing away, impressing and entertaining the spectator, not the magician, rarely if ever will you not get a strong reaction using this "unexpected method" of revelation.
slotnick18
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of slotnick18
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2016, slotnick18 wrote:
Here is the answer!

http://www.propdog.co.uk/21st-century-cut-out-mixed

Thanks! I just ordered a set -- to pay 50 cents each shipped to the US is a bargain - hoping they're good quality
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
The quality is 10 times better than doing it by hand. I believe they are cut by machine.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Just get them yesterday - they're awesome and such a great price!!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I get mine from John Morton. Absolutely killer. Great guy! He has a ton to choose from and will make you whoever you want. Great price too. PM him here on Café
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
If they are cut by machine and have perfect edges doesn't that give the trick away a bit to the spectator as to how it was accomplished? The magician is supposed to cut out the silhouette with a pair of scissors. My cut outs are rough , not by intention I might add. But I think this goes with the effect.

Chappelly
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
For those who watched AGT last season, Oz performed this effect on that show. I prefer the original (Phantom Artist) only because I work in small to large stage shows. The business cards are great for close-up mental magic.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2016, Ba Ba Booey wrote:
For those who watched AGT last season, Oz performed this effect on that show. I prefer the original (Phantom Artist) only because I work in small to large stage shows. The business cards are great for close-up mental magic.

You seem to do same type of audiences as me. I too have Oz dvd but found as a lefty I was a bit knacky. Where can I learn about Phantom Artist?
Jbbreckin
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jbbreckin
Hey guys can any on recommend a card for carrying this in that will hold the cards scissors Etc
Silversleights04
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, Texas
184 Posts

Profile of Silversleights04
Regarding the hand cut vs laser cut silhouettes: I've used this effect on stage well over 18 times now, with handmade cutouts and with laser cut ones from prop dog.

I 100% prefer the hand cuts. The first thing I hear whenever my participant hands out a laser cut one for inspection is always "ooooh, yeah, see that bit right there, definitely a laser cutter"

The laser burn marks are a pretty glaringly obvious discrepancy. I've never had suspicion or problems with my hand cuts other than how gosh darn time consuming they are. People never question them though because they look rough and hand cut on the spot.

IMO, the laser cut ones are a nice idea, they definitely still have use and they save you a ton of time, but the burn lines can totally demystify the cutting effect and make it easier to backtrack the whole thing (IE "if he already had a laser cut out, he must have known which celebrity I would choose," etc...) This is much stronger with handmade cut outs, they're worth that extra time and effort.

Also, anyone who says spectators won't notice it, probably aren't giving their spectators enough credit. This is the 21st Century, people know about laser cutting, it's boardering on common knowledge.
-Magic sees Magic-

-Marco V-
aladetomiwa
View Profile
New user
Nigeria
42 Posts

Profile of aladetomiwa
Are they still selling this
upnxrawk
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of upnxrawk
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2019, Silversleights04 wrote:
Regarding the hand cut vs laser cut silhouettes: I've used this effect on stage well over 18 times now, with handmade cutouts and with laser cut ones from prop dog.

I 100% prefer the hand cuts. The first thing I hear whenever my participant hands out a laser cut one for inspection is always "ooooh, yeah, see that bit right there, definitely a laser cutter"

The laser burn marks are a pretty glaringly obvious discrepancy. I've never had suspicion or problems with my hand cuts other than how gosh darn time consuming they are. People never question them though because they look rough and hand cut on the spot.

IMO, the laser cut ones are a nice idea, they definitely still have use and they save you a ton of time, but the burn lines can totally demystify the cutting effect and make it easier to backtrack the whole thing (IE "if he already had a laser cut out, he must have known which celebrity I would choose," etc...) This is much stronger with handmade cut outs, they're worth that extra time and effort.

Also, anyone who says spectators won't notice it, probably aren't giving their spectators enough credit. This is the 21st Century, people know about laser cutting, it's boardering on common knowledge.

I'd use a plot cutter like a cricut or silhouette
Billy
Sel
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Sel
Hi, I do this and love it.
Although I only do one cutout at a gig using a sven pad.

Love to do more cut outs with a variety of results. Does anyone do this?
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
TCC had a pad that had built in cutout gimmicks every second page so in theory the whole thing required no setup you just picked it up and snagged the gimmick when you tore out the page.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 21st Century Phantom by Oz Pearlman (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL