The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 21st Century Phantom by Oz Pearlman (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
animation
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of animation
Quote:
On 2009-03-12 21:45, MagicSanta wrote:
Just a question, I wondered if anyone wanted another review of this horrible effect? I would like to know if anyone actually is doing this and taking the time to cut out the silhouettes? I personally was shocked that Oz wasted his time putting this out and I really doubt anyone does it including Oz.

Horrible effect? Are you joking? This one of the best commercial revelations I have seen in mentalism. You doubt Oz really does it? Watch the dvd Oz does the effect in a number of professional performances, and the reactions are amazing! This effect is a great bit of fun to add to your personal repretoire, and it still maintains the amazing factor.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
He doesn't like Oz. Of course it's a horrible effect if you're biased.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Bob Tucker
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Bob Tucker
I sa Oz perform this at the Magic Round Table in front of more than 50 Magicians and blew everyone away. Great job Oz and don't be distracted by the jealous frustrated few
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
So you have to force one celebrity or do you have several ready to force from?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You can force one or as more. Depends how many you want to do. Oz did a great job on this project.

This effect is over the top effective. And you can hand out your contact info if that's what you want to do.

HIGHLY recommended.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Sounds good, was interested in this for a long time now I may just have to get it.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
I guess I fall somewhere between MagicSanta and Review King on this one, not bad but a lot of prep especially when comparing the effect to other similar tricks.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
I beLIEve I may check this out.
Jack Bryce
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh UK
130 Posts

Profile of Jack Bryce
I love this effect regardless what I think of Oz, it's a great piece of mental magic and the audience reaction you see in the DVD supplied is genuine, I can confirm that through my own experience of perfoming this for the last two years. I now do seven celebs and as I also do a different force which is as someone else has said has to be natural and almost like a classic force with business cards if you like. I even got one guy who ran away thought I should be burnt at the stake...I've also had guys and women go crazy about this effect...it's a brilliant effect IMHO.

While I know it's not original to Oz, I did look up the effect in Practical Metal Magic, but thought I would like to see Oz's take on this and I think he did a brilliant job and added a few things, I was well happy to pay the money asked and the reaction I have had has more than made up for any money spent.

As for the time to make the cutouts, to be honest I am glad some of you are saying it's not for me and it's too much trouble, because I don't want everyone doing this effect, it's much too good. BTW, I can do three of the same cutout in about 10 to 15 mins.

MagicSanta, your reaction is just laughable, you obviously don't like Oz, but by running down this effect before I imagine you have even tried it yourself, is not actually running down Oz, it's actually running down Anneman who is a giant of magic, so it just shows you can have more than 5000 posts on here or any forum and still be completely ignorant in the history and knowledge of magic or even know anything about magic, the number of posts you have on any forum does not IMHO, make you a good magician.
http://www.jackbrycemagic.co.uk

I never forget a face but in your case I will gladly make an exception...Groucho Marx
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Within the last 30 days, the majority of MagicSanta's posts are in the non-magical area. Maybe that's how he got so many posts! Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Jack,
You may not read this, as the posts are really old, but perhaps it may benefit the next person. Thank you for your review, and as a result I have this. I really like it as well. I highly recommend it. I like to do something a bit different. What I do is "nearly" cut out all the image, leaving tiny connections to a business card. I then, first ask someone who their favorite, say "TV personality" is. If it is a hit, I just pull out that card. From the right angles, it looks like a regular card. I then pull out the small pocket knife attached to my keys and pull out the tiny scissors. I proceed to cut out the image with the card held in my palm so they can just see a tiny bit of what I am doing. They do see the tiny pieces fall away fromt the card. There is no force, and the "spare parts" fall away. I then hand out the image. If I don't get a hit, I might try "When you think of all time music greats, who comes to ming?" If I don't get a hit on that, I will say "Who do you think was the best President?" I'm bound to get a hit on one of these. I have a set of cards that includes Oprah, Elvis, George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln. As many magicians have taught, don't get caught starting, so this all starts out as just making conversation. If I don't get a hit on the firts one, I will throw one in, move on to the other categories, and then go back to the first category and bring up the force as if it was their idea.
I really like this one.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I keep a handful of actress Lillian Gish, Bebe Rebozo ( close friend of President Nixon ) and Dr. Spencer Silver ( creator of the pressure-sensitive adhesive used in Post It Notes).

Whenever film, politics or inventions come up in conversation...BAM, I have a miracle.
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Hey Zombie,
Send me a PM.
I'd like to talk to you about 21st Century Phantom.
Mauro Predan
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Mauro Predan
Hi,
I realized my set with Marylin Monroe, Elvis Presley, Lupin, Mickey Mouse and the president Obama.
They are laser cut and I can produce any character from a stencil.
If anyone is interested contact me.
glenrushing
View Profile
New user
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
3 Posts

Profile of glenrushing
Although this appears as an older thread, I went ahead and ordered
my copy of 21st Century Phantom Smile

Will report back in a couple weeks with my review of it.
Glen
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-05-07 12:57, glenrushing wrote:
Although this appears as an older thread, I went ahead and ordered
my copy of 21st Century Phantom Smile

Will report back in a couple weeks with my review of it.
Glen

The older the better. I try to bring back threads over 10 years old.
glenrushing
View Profile
New user
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
3 Posts

Profile of glenrushing
That's GREAT !
Now this one has been brought back Smile
Glen
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Bought this after his fantastic Penguin lecture. Awesome routine. Wish there was an easier way to prep the cards.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Yeah preping the cards is a pain, I have taken mine to a printer who is going to try and cut them on a plotter. He s not sureif it will work, I am praying for it to work, great routine all the same.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
I'm tired of the same old outcomes.
Does anyone have some odd....unusual...different......strange ones?
I do,........and I'd be willing to trade.
Send me a PM if you've been creative.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 21st Century Phantom by Oz Pearlman (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL