The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Who's Practicing On Bertini? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
Hello Ray. Smile Just don't like it to call a guy that all human has 10 each.
The spellbound routine....I'd stick to Rubinstein's. Bertini's too fast.
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I know what you mean Gary, but I am almost there with Bertini's "Spellbound" routine and its killer "if done right".....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Bertini's work is wonderful. I been playing around with the four coin EG production. Its so good its like a dream.. been working on it since I got the CD ROM last May, the good thing about this is you can practice it while out and walking or sitting or waiting , just anywhere. even when you performing card magic. well maybe not , but everywhere else. Its getting there nicely, but I always remember Bertini saying he has been doing this for 10 years. so yeah that is why its magical.

Looking forward to more stuff from Bertini,

Happy New Year,

MaGically,
SK
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I've been playing with Giacomo's stuff too and it is quite interesting. I think "Revolutionary" is quite appropiate in describing his work. I haven't dropped this many coins since I began learning the basic sleights from Bobo's long ago... I feel like a toddler. Smile

Anyway, it's a great dvd and Bertini is a wonderful coin magician, just excellent. He shows yet another wonderful road to be had when your imagination and creativity take you off the very crowded path of old & established ways of doing this stuff. Clearly there are brave new worlds out there. I'd say on these levels, that Mickey Silver and Bertini are definitely 2 of them IMHO. Quite brilliant work. -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
I'm also studying Bertini's CD, he is a master just like Dave Roth is; any serious coin worker should study Giacomo's, you won't see any adjustment or jerky moves from him when he is performing, that is what I like to see,also when he is holding now it is very much impossible to tell,and that is what makes magic tricks look like magic in my book,:).

I can't way for his next DVD.

WZ.
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Quote:
On 2008-01-30 21:40, WU wrote:
I can't way for his next DVD.

I still have plenty to work on from his first DVD!
Wes
trycks.
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of trycks.
I'm also practicing mr bertini's move I can do the shift, load and display move now in moderate speed but not like bertini speed. I think you can do his move in normal speed and can pass in the eyes of spectator. the eg production and the steal seems impossible for me now lol. for now I'll concentrate in load, shift and display move
Gustaf
View Profile
New user
Stockholm, Sweden
78 Posts

Profile of Gustaf
Christian Jakobsson who is a member here recently competed in the Swedish Championship of magic in Sweden with Bertinis material. When you first look at the techniques it seems impossible, but after a few tries you start to get it down. Continue guys, Bertinis stuff kicks *ss!
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
I read on another thread that Bertini does his moves with dollars as well as halves. The problem I have with dollars is getting the coin to the pinkie rest position without hand movement.....the two flips down and one over he teaches puts the coin in the floor rest position most of the time.

Does anyone have a solution? PM me or start a tread in the secret section if you would like.

Right now I'm just dropping the coin as close as I can to PR (usally more towards the ring finger).
Wes
Giacomo
View Profile
Regular user
Florence (Italy)
112 Posts

Profile of Giacomo
Ciao and thanks to everybody!

Wes, using a good method is necessary to learn well, and there is a thing I think is very important:
I think that learning with the half dollar is better. Then when you do not have problems with the half dollar you can try with the dollar. Besides, you must train every day, (every day is important) until you did not reach the aim.

Giacomo
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
285 Posts

Profile of Griff
Hey Giacomo! Glad to see you are touring and lecturing. When are you coming to Florida? My question to you is when you are using dollar size coins do you use different methods or is it the same as using half dollar size coins?
Griff
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He's coming to the WMS in Las Vegas in April.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I understand he will also be at FFFF, and will be doing some lectures in Canada. Aldo Colombini will be translating for him at WMS< and Vanni Bossi will be with them at the other stops. If you get a chance, go see him! And, in a couple of months, some of his NEW routines will be showcased on the NEW DVD's from the New York Coin Magic Seminar group!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Iv been playing with the copper/silver that was in last months genii. any tips you can pm me in the little finger load? to me it reads in a way the hands are parrell when the move is done, but this always seems to flash. it seems to work if the recieveing hand is slightly behind the other.
Giacomo
View Profile
Regular user
Florence (Italy)
112 Posts

Profile of Giacomo
Griff, I use the same methods, but you need to learn with the half dollar, then you can think of learning with the dollar size. Now I do not know when I will go in Florida.
Joshua, to learn this routine you should learn well the little-finger-load.
In this routine I do a different motion for little-finger-load: A circular motion. So the hands are paralell when the move is done, and the coin not flash.
Ciao Mike, I hope to see soon NEW DVD's from the New York Coin Magic Seminar group!

Ciao to everybody!

Giacomo
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2008-04-12 22:14, Giacomo wrote:
Griff, I use the same methods, but you need to learn with the half dollar, then you can think of learning with the dollar size. Now I do not know when I will go in Florida.
Joshua, to learn this routine you should learn well the little-finger-load.
In this routine I do a different motion for little-finger-load: A circular motion. So the hands are paralell when the move is done, and the coin not flash.
Ciao Mike, I hope to see soon NEW DVD's from the New York Coin Magic Seminar group!

Ciao to everybody!

Giacomo

Giacomo, that makes perfect sense. that's how I got it not to flash from experimenting. thank you very much. I hope to see more of your material soon
RachelMilano
View Profile
New user
United States
83 Posts

Profile of RachelMilano
Hi all. I have been working on Giacomo's techniques for about 10 days now and I am improving daily it seems. When I first tried the pinky rest I thought..."this is impossible." But I've stayed with it and it's coming along much quicker than I thought it would.

I've noticed several posters mention they have resigned themselves to using the ring finger instead. The concept of using the pinky is that it allows you to expose as much of your hand as possible. And I can't imagine a lay person believing a person can actually balance a large coin on their little finger with such ease. It's just a fantastic technique and well worth learning.

So keep at it and you won't be disappointed. Thanks. Rachel. Smile
I'd much rather regret something I've done than something I was too afraid to do. Have a great day. Rachel.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
On the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD's (set of three, each about 2.5 hours long!!!), due out in about a month, there are three NEW effects from Giacomo, and an in depth discussion of his pinky technique. Watch the Café and our website http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net, for further details!!!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
RachelMilano
View Profile
New user
United States
83 Posts

Profile of RachelMilano
Thanks Michael. I bookmarked the website and noticed you were on there. Apparently you are a professional magician huh? That's two that have sent me private notes in 3 days...lol. Love this place. Rachel. Smile
I'd much rather regret something I've done than something I was too afraid to do. Have a great day. Rachel.
Giacomo
View Profile
Regular user
Florence (Italy)
112 Posts

Profile of Giacomo
Quote:
On 2008-06-02 00:28, RachelMilano wrote:
Hi all. I have been working on Giacomo's techniques for about 10 days now and I am improving daily it seems. When I first tried the pinky rest I thought..."this is impossible." But I've stayed with it and it's coming along much quicker than I thought it would.

I've noticed several posters mention they have resigned themselves to using the ring finger instead. The concept of using the pinky is that it allows you to expose as much of your hand as possible. And I can't imagine a lay person believing a person can actually balance a large coin on their little finger with such ease. It's just a fantastic technique and well worth learning.

So keep at it and you won't be disappointed. Thanks. Rachel. Smile

Thanks Rachel!!
You have understood perfectly my concept.
I never had problems with this technique, and no one has ever understood how I did.
I know it is not easy, but is not difficult, it is important to learn in this order:

1) is necessary to learn my technique "little fingertip rest" .
With the practice of this technique you can easily learn most of my techniques.

2) now you do not have to exert to learn how to palm the coin in "classic-palm" , but learn to run the "pinky-subtlety"

Now we must transfer the coin from the "little fingertip rest" position to "classic-palm" position, but you can do so later in another part of the routine and calmly. It is not important to do it immediately with my system. This you can learn later, and calmly.

ciao to everybody!

Giacomo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Who's Practicing On Bertini? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL