The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What do you think is the best self working card trick » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of magicmann
I am looking for the best self working card trick.
I have a few in mind.

J C Wagner- Super closer
John Bannon- Timely Departure

Any other suggestions.

Thanks

Paul
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
I'm biased, but look at "Gr-eight" in Harry Lorayne - Best Of Friends III.

Or, MOST of my books contain MANY self-workers.

Paul Gordon
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of magicmann
Thanks Paul I will look it up.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Contact colours by aldo colombini
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
I'm a big fan of Ackerman's "Self Working Quick Co-incidence"...the setup proceedure is also pretty fun to play with to make your own effects.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Paul Harris' Overkill....Great effect...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Guys the best self working effect is chaos by pit hartling, absolutely incredible effect, it kills!
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
Agree with Daren..may I add that Finger Flicker is also a very good self working effect.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Hands down the best self working card trick I've come across is from Jack Carpenter and called "A Potent Presage"... can be done with any deck anytime and involves so much 'coincidence' that it always amazes.
tony_chen85
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of tony_chen85
I'd have to say David Solomon's Steinmeyter's Nine Card Problem with Seven Cards
its a fooler
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I second Tony's comment.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
One that's perhaps not entirely self-working (i'm trying to remember the handling as I write) but its in Fulves' Self-Working Close-Up Card Magic (called 'The Memory Expert'). A neat effect that requires no prior setup. It can be briefly described as follows:

A volunteer thinks of a number and remembers the card at that number. The deck is given a complete cut. The magician quickly looks through the cards to seemingly memorize the order then returns the deck to the table. The spectator is asked to name his card, say the King of Hearts. The magician announces, "The KH is 22 cards [or whatever] from the top." And it is! Now the volunteer is asked to disclose his thought of number. Say it was ten. The magician replies, "The tenth card is the Eight of Diamonds." And it is!
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Further Than That (or some of its many variations) by Stewart James.

J. C.'s Super Closer is not completely self working as you have to handle a couple of the packets when shuffling.

Paul.
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I think tyhe best effect is Ultimate Fate II by John Guastaferro, is and amazing routine!!!!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Actually, almost forgot Paul Curry's Out of This World. It may still be the best, though too slow for use in a professional repertoire these days, it can still get mentioned to you many years later.

Paul.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Simon Aronson's Shuffle Bored, and the host of variations thereof.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2007-12-10 11:42, S2000magician wrote:
Simon Aronson's Shuffle Bored, and the host of variations thereof.

Yeah, that has to be up there, but I didn't want to mention it, lol.
DLarkins
View Profile
New user
Kingsport, TN
59 Posts

Profile of DLarkins
I think that 'Gemini Twins' from Fulves' "More Self-Working Card Tricks" has to be one of the all time greats.

While I am certainly a fan of Bannon, I don't' think that I would classify 'Timely Departure' as strictly self-working, as some care needs to be taken when cutting in the selections. That's not to say that it's difficult, I just don't think of it as self-working.
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of sean_mh
Quote:
On 2007-12-10 15:36, DLarkins wrote:
I think that 'Gemini Twins' from Fulves' "More Self-Working Card Tricks" has to be one of the all time greats.

While I am certainly a fan of Bannon, I don't' think that I would classify 'Timely Departure' as strictly self-working, as some care needs to be taken when cutting in the selections. That's not to say that it's difficult, I just don't think of it as self-working.

Dammit! I was just about to offer up Gemini Twins too. So straightforward, so deceptive Smile

Sean
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
1. shufflebored/jeopardy
2. twisted sisters
3. out of this world
4. do as I do
5. overkill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What do you think is the best self working card trick » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL