The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Impossible Hank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3260 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Is it noisy? Can this one be performed in a "living room" type of atmosphere? Thanks
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
390 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Yes, it can
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
You shouldn't have a problem with noise, so it can be performed in a living room type environment. If you are worried about the noise, you might get some slow low music, just to fill in the background so it isn't dead silent.

Just a suggestion.

Kevin.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
How close can people be?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
390 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
2 metres away....
SmoothAM
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of SmoothAM
Can it really be done surrounded, and is it really t****d-free like the ad says?
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
It's absolutely t****d-free as the ad says. In fact it's more of an automation, like animatronics. Very powerful stuff if used properly.
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Impossible Hank is a great piece of work. But it DOES make a mechanical sound as the hank moves. I think the only way to perform it in a living room setting without background cover music, would be to make sure all the spectators are slightly hard of hearing. The noise definitely carries more than just a couple of meters.

Otherwise, it's exactly as good as it looks in Sean's demo video. I'm glad I bought mine.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Where can this be purchased please?
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Here's Sean's website. http://www.seanbogunia.com/ He seems forever busy coming up with fresh and clever ideas. And of the three effects of his that I own, I've always been happy with his workmanship.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12160 Posts

Profile of John C
I purchased an Impossible Hank. It is a clever device. If you have an application it is terrific. I plan on using mine in a library program.

I talk about how Neil Armstrong, when he touched the surface of the moon, carried with him a piece of the cloth from the Wright Brother's airplane (which is true!). I then display a handkerchief and do some of the magical bits with it. Then throw it in the case. In a second, the music starts and the IH pops up to the music.

It's a killer. There are no t****ds. Yea, a little noise (not much) but you could cover it with even talking. But, your best bet anyway is to perform it to music.

My next application would be to use in the Instant Magician skit. If you have any ideas for it get it. It's easy to do and remarkable.

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
I use all four, complete Dancing Hank Act Plus PTS. It takes a while to learn, but really worth it. I’m working on using the act with a part of an illusion act now.
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
natmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
295 Posts

Profile of natmagic
I also use the Impossible Hanky in my show as part of my dancing hanky routine. There really isn't noise that you should worry about.

I am thinking of purchasing the Junior version of Sean’s new release. The dancing hanky, of course, would only be good on stage rather than a living room. When I perform in closer quarters I have g*****ked my dancing hanky so that I am able to perform it surrounded. With Impossible Hanky you can also use it surrounded.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
760 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I have a 1.0 verions of the Impossible Hank for sale $200 brand new.
PM me if interested.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Impossible Hank (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL