The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Starting a tour... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
I was just throwing this question out for anyone interested in assiting me...I was wondering what steps you take to start a "tour" i am not talking like national tour but rather like state-wide or a little larger. What do you do, what do you consider, do you have to sell the tickets or will theatres, all and any info would be greatly appreciated... Smile
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
jcmagic
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
16 Posts

Profile of jcmagic
try the book "Finding the stuff that's you" by Chris Carey (Or is it Find the stuff that's you.)
It's not nessarily all about touring, but it might be worth a look. It's the practical side of putting a show together professionaly. There is a section about touring. and the rest of the book is worth reading if your trying to go pro./
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I feel tours are too much work for a performer who is not well known. There are many other avenues which lend themselves to traveling and performing. Why not try and join up with a traveling carnival? You would get the exposure you need as well as pay for your services. You would save much more money doing this instead of having to rent out theaters in different cities at different times, worrying about selling tickets and all the marketing attached to that. That is a job in its self.
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Need a tour manager or consultant I'd like to help.I've got 13 years of experience.

Thanks,

Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Starting a tour... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL