The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Resolved » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I agree Tom G!
I also agree that T11 stepped up as they should have and it shows class! This next question is NOT to stir anything up, just merely MY observation and query! Where's BJ Bueno?
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Thales,

Some of us, that were pushing the issue, knew some things going behind the scenes that we couldn't talk about. We had to cryptically push things along. It's not like I'm special, a lot of people that have posted on this thread and the other one, was in on the info.

It seems like you could take your own advice. I suffer from the same from time to time. You never know what the other person knows.

Mickey -- I've publicly and privately asked members of T11 this since day one and am still waiting for the answer.
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Did T11 take too long to act?
Would they have done anything without Magic Café members pushing the issue?
Did some Magic Café members over react?
Did some T11 members also over react?

These questions in the end are irrelevant and most likely counter productive to the magic community.

What is clear is that everyone here that pointed out this issue to T11 did play an important role in achieving the positive outcome that we have today. It is also clear that T11 in the end did step up and do the right thing. These two points are all that really matter to me anyway.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Yep, and from when I asked steve about it via email, he seemed pleased with the outcome, and he was relieved that its one less stress for him to have
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nice to be posted here behind Josh, as kinda this is where the chase started. Smile I was one of the initial posters in the very first string that spoke out on this in a big way and without reservation in calling a spade a spade, and continued to chime in exactly that way throughout from time to time over the many months of battle. Anyway, the chase caught fire and burned like crazy for months and months, even 2-3 full threads were burned down. But it restarted and burned brightly again like a bonfire about the world from on-high, mostly because it was burning for a great cause in the defense of Steve Dusheck, in the defense of what was right and good. It was the right thing to do and I don't think it would've been done as well as it turned out now without this gargantuan effort to rectify here. We are the center of this new found correctness in such matters.

With that, I am glad that T11 has recognized and corrected the errors of its ways regarding the situation, especially as it pertains to the impeccable character of Steve Dusheck. Their fixes seem honorable now and if Dusheck is happy with it then so am I. His takes on magic are without question and if he OK'd it, then now it's kosher. Smile Personally, I do not giantly applaud T11 at this moment as they had to be dragged through town for any of this to happen and there was considerable argument against and lacks of initial recognitions made, but I agree with Steve in the way of forgiveness and moving on here and in that the same hands that spank can also applaud when appropriate...T11 has made ammends and restitution and should be given another chance and I am glad to see them stand taller than they have in all this in the past. The wrong has been righted with much pomp and circumstances in showcasing Dusheck as the true progenitor. With that, I would give them another go to be the very best they can be. And with all the creative magic talent they've assembled, I would think they would eventually be able to distance themselves from this blemish, so that it might not become any more of a lasting stain.

I'm glad Steve Dusheck is alright with all of this and holds no grudges, that's the kind of guy he is...The magic community is lucky to have him and hopefully we've learned a great lesson in all this, creators and sellers, but mostly from Dusheck himself and how he dealt with all this, with respect and as a gentleman at all times. There was a real dexterity, a real magic in how he handled himself in all this...and his strongest prop was that of "Truth." And now in the true meaning of this holiday season, let's move on. So let it be said...So let it be written...So let it be done!

Happy Holidays and Good Work to all. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

I think the best thing is many of the kids on the T11 forums were saying they liked steves handling better... I think everyone won this time, t11, steve, and us magic consumers
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Mick, it seems that Bueno has smartly distanced himself from this and Dan White is the lead man. Good move. BJ knows marketing and made a good decision behind all the roar. I see he's still given some credit but White continues to be the face-man on it, and Steve is given real billing for effect. I like the history they added for Dusheck and the real mentioning of his name on the materials in relationship to the coins, handling(s) and routines. Wish they had re-shot the opening of White saying that it was "created" by Bueno, as that word seems to be a bit misleading as create mostly means to make from nothing, and clearly that's been proven and accepted now that that's not the case. But hey, small thing compared to what was accomplished in setting most of this right in the way of the effect, the true history and legacy of Steve Dusheck. Not to mention that it sets a good adjusted progression for magic in general. Hopefully what has happened in all of this helps to set real tone in the industry as to honesty and integrity, and then lasts until it's just general practice to be on the up & up and do what's right as it pertains to all involved. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

From what I heard mb, they are doing some re-shooting
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Then Josh my man, I feel good in saying, "Good shoot!" Smile

And hey Mick, this next question is NOT to stir anything up, just merely MY observation and query too...Where is Hart? Smile

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Maybe just this once enough folks who care were willing to speak up.

Eyes open folks, there's always a next time.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Quote:
On 2007-12-18 14:18, Mb217 wrote:
Then Josh my man, I feel good in saying, "Good shoot!" Smile

And hey Mick, this next question is NOT to stir anything up, just merely MY observation and query too...Where is Hart? Smile

He's on T11.com with the rest of his buddies Smile
-DJ
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Marion,
Young Hart was the first to do the "neener neener, told ya so" on the T11 boards and then accused all of us that commended J Bayme and Wayne Houchin as being butt kissers! He of course called me out specifically but after someone else jumped him for it he asked for a "No hard feelings" truce of sorts! I found no need or desire to respond! Smile
I'm just happy for our friend Steve and I hope everyone involved as well as those who watched, learned as much as I did!
Mick
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah Mick, there was an awful lot to learn from the overall experience of all this. Most of all, it was played out how you stand up for others and pursue the truth no matter the obstacles that present things otherwise. There is no such "butt kissing" involved in being glad/happily recognizing that higher minds/better minds have been reached in such turbulent matters...isn't that what all of this was about, an attempt to calm the storms and right the ship?

The knashing of teeth is par for the course in any battle. Hart just rode the wrong horse in this race, as hard as he could...backwards sometimes. Smile I'm sure he's a nice enough guy but we pick our sides on things and make choices. Winning and losing or being right or wrong are the results of such choices. And with that, it is what it is...And that's a good thing as it all worked out. Smile I always thought Hart could've been a bit more respectful of Steve as he spoke many times harshly and as some sort of peer when he wasn't really, actually not at all. And really Steve should've been accorded all due respect as a magical elder of much regard and accomplishment. Anyway, I wish Hart well wherever he is, as his actions here helped also to root out the real truths of the matter, even if it wasn't exactly what he expected or wanted. Oh well, onward. Smile Happy Holidays to all. -Mb

Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I'm right here guys...alive and well.

No Mickey, I am not over at t11 with my buddies! I don't have t11 buddies, remember? Those kids are a little young for me(I am 27). But I dropped in during the time the Café was down.

I didn't specifically "call" Mickey out, just thought it was funny he was on their forums, that's all. If someone disrespected Steve Brooks like Mickey and others disrespected Bayme and the rest of t11 I can guarantee they would get banned.

Now that this has been resolved at least I can say I wasn't "wrong". I admitted that Steve had been wronged but didn't want to jump on the mud-slinging bandwagon against t11 until they had a chance to fix their mistake. Go figure...

If you think I was disrespectful then you all need to go re-read some of the crap that was spewed at me, now that was disrespectful! I never attacked anyone personally, but was attacked personally multiple times.

Oh, Mickey, I didn't make a "truce" to satisfy you and others, I made a truce because everything has been resolved and when all said and done we are on the same team..."neener neener" Smile
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think we should rejoice on the happy conclusion.

BIG TIME respect for the Theory 11 gang. They stepped foward and showed their true character!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-12-20 15:25, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I think we should rejoice on the happy conclusion.

BIG TIME respect for the Theory 11 gang. They stepped foward and showed their true character!!!!

Amen...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Just remember that "stepping forward" when your back is against the wall is the only direction available.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

***Just remember that "stepping forward" when your back is against the wall is the only direction available.***

Man, I LIKE that!
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
The only reason I came here to post was because my name came up. Lets just be happy that everything worked out and that t11 came through and did the right thing for Dushek.

But if you guys still hate me you can beat on me some more, I know you must be in withdrawals seeing that the thing got resolved. lol
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve Resolved » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL