The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Silver Shifter - an independent review. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I too will support Jerry in this. Our local shop finally returned the one they had for a refund as no one who was interested in purchasing it wanted to do so after they saw what it actually looked like.

I think negative reviews (as long as their not derogatory) are just as valid and important as positive ones.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
John Clarkson
View Profile
Special user
Santa Barbara, CA
749 Posts

Profile of John Clarkson
Quote:
On 2003-09-10 07:22, gerry wrote:
Smile Sorry John if I have ruffled your feathers ...I thought I would end with some positive thoughts as you seem to think I have none. So here are a few of the many tricks I love... Triple impact
Knock em Dead
Just passin Thru
Die Cipher 2
Scotch and Soda
Twisted Sister
No, no ruffled feathers... nor plucked down. Glad there are a few tricks you love.

I like Die Cipher 2, too, but prefer the cube with ESP symbols to the standard die. I'd like the die, too, if it were made from ivory (or white plastic) instead of brass.

Smile
John D. Clarkson, S.O.B. (Sacred Omphaloskeptic Brotherhood)
Cozener

"There is nothing more important to a magician than keeping secrets. Probably because so many of them are Gay."
—Peggy, from King of the Hill (Sleight of Hank)
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
I don't know about anyone else, but I am a little dubious about someone titling their review "independent" when they have received a complimentary item. At the very least, I would have liked to have heard the reviewer qualify their review by stating that they were given a free Shifter without being asked the question by a member. Please note that I am not calling jim's (or Steve Brooks's/ Arlen Lack's) integrity into question here, I just think that the reader's of these reviews should be aware of all the information.
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
All reviewers receive complimentary items, don't they?
Only time I read that Kaufman had to specifically send back an item was some 2000 bucks radio transmitting gadget he got to review in Genii.
Other than that, I don't know.
Plus it would cost you 5 bucks to make a thing that you sell for 20, I would hardly give you a good review just based on this free gift. It's like saying "here is five bucks, rite up somethin good about it"
As for silver shifter i don't have it so...
Wait, if I think about it.... I may have it and be able to "find" it..
Well, you know where to find me.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Well I guess what is old is new again lol! Hocus Pocus had this on sale for $5.08 and I ordered it last Thursday. I should have it on Monday. I actually put off getting it mostly because of the issues raised here. However, $5.08 is really hard to turn down. I do have several ideas for this but need to actually have the coin in hand first to see if it will work. I ordered the English Penny version. Anyway I'm looking forward to it if nothing else just to have fun with!

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Silver Shifter showed up today. I think because of the neg reviews I was expecting something really bad. I bought the English Penny version and I'm pretty happy with it overall. I will be using this with my Scotch and Soda and then have my wife bend the penny and "hand" it to me to unbend.......of course I will not be able to and when this gets the expected laughs I will hand it to someone and say "Here you try". I would not do this under their nose as I believe the coin would be detected. However, in a parlor setting or house party you can for sure go undetected at a short distance. Id say seven feet or more will be no problem. I'm looking forward to working with this. I want to add I believe you can get away more with the EP version because the darker copper color seems to cover better. I'm happy I got this while HP had it at such a discount price.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Silver Shifter - an independent review. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL