The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What is Cloverfield... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
The Theory11 of films...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufYF0f-zMgY

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
The buzz-generating-via-secrecy seems to be working. Everybody's got a guess.

Best guess I've seen so far: the stars are finally right, and Cthulhu has shown up. In New York.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Quote:
On 2007-12-17 01:20, rossmacrae wrote:
The buzz-generating-via-secrecy seems to be working. Everybody's got a guess.

Best guess I've seen so far: the stars are finally right, and Cthulhu has shown up. In New York.

It's got me interested, so they did their job. I want to see the movie haha.

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
There is a longer thread here that I posted when Transformers first came out. There is a lot of buzz on this I don't know what theory 11 has to do with it since I cant access youtube here. But it should be a good flick... This is the latest on the project.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=4027
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Just be prepared for another shaky jumpy (I can't hold this thing steady') camera job.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
One of the original theories about "Cloverfield" is that it was a new Godzilla movie. The speculation became so rampant that Sony's legal dept. actually made a statement about it. Sony owns the copyright to the Godzilla name and likeness, and they assured everybody that no one had contacted them about making a new Godzilla movie.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
It's about angry, giant polar bears that are sucked through a black cloud from a tropical island that isn't on any map, of course.
What would Wavy do?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Its by the same guy...but don't think its lost related Smile

He's using the same technique to get people wondering and creating a buzz eg fake websites ect.
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
It's a new monster.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I bet it's about an Irish Botanist who creates an 8 leaf clover. Violence and bloodshed ensue.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Quote:
On 2007-12-17 17:31, Josh Riel wrote:
I bet it's about an Irish Botanist who creates an 8 leaf clover. Violence and bloodshed ensue.

Why's it always the Irish?

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Because the Irish are hideously ugly. Ever watch that movie with the evil leprechaun? I can't remember the name. But the main guy is Irish.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-12-17 13:13, Matt Colman wrote:

He's using the same technique to get people wondering and creating a buzz eg fake websites ect.

Yeah, J.J. Abrams (from Lost) is the producer. I don't really know what that means in Hollywood terms. Does that mean he has artistic input or just the money?

Drew Goddard is listed as the actual writer of Cloverfield. He's also certainly involved with Lost, but he's not one of the big, big guns / co-creators of Lost or anything like that. At least, not according to IMDB.

So I guess what I'm saying is I don't know whose idea is really driving this movie.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Quote:
On 2007-12-17 19:37, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-12-17 13:13, Matt Colman wrote:

Yeah, J.J. Abrams (from Lost) is the producer. I don't really know what that means in Hollywood terms. Does that mean he has artistic input or just the money?

Drew Goddard is listed as the actual writer of Cloverfield. He's also certainly involved with Lost, but he's not one of the big, big guns / co-creators of Lost or anything like that. At least, not according to IMDB.

So I guess what I'm saying is I don't know whose idea is really driving this movie.

Usually, the producer is involved with financial business rather than the creative part of the film.

The creative parts are controlled by the Director and writers. Yet the producers do usually have influence on the writers.

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Now, if WE can make hype like this for an upcoming Magic Performance...

Wouldn't that be sumthin?

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
It seems obvious. The Statue of Liberty is allergic to clover and sneezes her head off. Therefore the Name Cloverfield. Without her head she begins to move around and destroy things looking for her head.

If you think this is ricidulous wait till you see what it is really about.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
It's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man isn't it? He survived from his previous encounter in New York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_loG8AQKtY
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I am really annoyed by these "viral marketing campaigns". I have yet to see one that doesn't come across as painfully contrived, blatantly fake, and insulting to one's intelligence...

A very clever and manipulative advertising technique intended to generate buzz for smaller, lower budget media being diluted and wasted on (yet another) sci-fi blockbuster.

Hollywood can ruin anything it gets it's hands on!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Surely that's Al Koran?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-01-03 16:45, gaddy wrote:
I am really annoyed by these "viral marketing campaigns". ...

A very clever and manipulative advertising technique intended to generate buzz for smaller, lower budget media being diluted and wasted on (yet another) sci-fi blockbuster.

Well, some of the earliest viral marketing campaigns were actually conducted by very large multi-billion dollar companies. I don't think the advertising technique was ever intended or reserved just for small low budget projects.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What is Cloverfield... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL