The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Genuine Flea Circus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of The Feegee Mermaid
Its cool to see things like this are still around today. Ive allways wanted to see a Flea Circus, Thanks.
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
Here's my set of props - by no means finished - some are still prototypes and others are working. It didn't take me long to discover that half the challenge of trying to start a flea circus is building these buggers!

Cheers for the Dingles tip Ken, I reckon you're right about that being the way to go. How do you feel about updating old ideas for use on showgrounds - like Dr. Fryte's Freak Show has done over the past few years here? It wasn't at Hull Fair this year but has done really well previously.

Doug - was the Heckler show behind glass? I haven't heard it mentioned in any accounts I've read of it. I know Cardoso used a video screen to increase the tip in her circus - I read that when she was in museums the demand was so high that you had to win a ticket to get into the proper show. The Mathes Flea Circus at the Oktoberfest in Munich has the audience really close - the first row (usually kids) have their noses almost touching the props.

Click here to view attached image.
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of The Feegee Mermaid
Those props are amazing. Smile
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I have a question. This thread is fascinating, but could someone please explain the difference between a flea circus and a 'genuine' flea circus? Is it true that fleas were actually used, as the video illustrates? Where is there more reading material on this? I know a lot about mechanical flea circuses, but not much about this. Or am I being gullible? Thanks for any information you can provide.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yes, real fleas were used at one time. It is a practice that has all but vanished.

Click on the thread listed earlier and you will find a whole discussion about the subject.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Genuine Flea Circus (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL