The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mister Rogers Goes Home (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Today I was shocked to hear that Mr Rogers passed away. I, as many others grew up on him and him alone. My favorite episode was when Harry Blackstone JR. was a guest.
You can read more about his passing here. Smile
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=116004
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
As a kid I watched his show religiously. I'd rush home from school and at 3:00 PM CST M-F, the world came to a stop as I indulged in his program.

After 33 years he was PBS' longest-running series with over a thousand shows. Recently he created and now leaves behind a Children's website.

"You don't set out to be rich or famous. What you set out to do is to be helpful - if the other comes along with it, that's OK. But that's not what you set out to be." - Mr. Rogers (ABC News)
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Meow meow sad meow.

King Friday XIII declares day of mourning in the kingdom.

Smile
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
You know, my kids have been out of school due to weather, and for a change, I had the tv on this morning. I heard about Mr. Rogers earlier, and was deeply saddened. I grew up watching him! I turned on the PBS channel, which I never do in the morning, and what was coming on....Mister Rogers Neighborhood. I started to tear up. My kids and I sat and watched it. It was fun watching it with them, but bittersweet knowing he is no longer with us Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
941 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I used to call the Larry King radio show (when it was till on the air, of course), and ask ridiculous questions of their guests, and then tape it.

Mr. Rogers was one of those whom I targeted. . .

I asked him if he had ever "overfed the fish" on the set. I was expecting Larry to dispatch me with all speed, when Fred Rogers explained that he had indeed "overfed the fish." For the next four and half minutes, he explained how this real incident turned into a show on per bereavement.

I'm glad he didn't take offence. And I hope he's in a better place, although anything's better than sitting in the presence of that pathetic, name-dropping Larry.

One time, I got to perform for Mr. McFeely (David Newell). Nice guy.

Goodbye Neighbor.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Now I know where the character of Mr McFeely came from.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
I was deeply saddened of his lost.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mister Rogers Goes Home (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL