The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Money/Bill Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
Hey everyone,

Can anyone suggest their favourite effect which uses a borrowed bill/bills? I'm doing walkaround and looking for one more money effect to do in a bar/cocktail party atmosphere. As long as it is easily resettable I don't mind whether it is a method in a book or a marketed effect.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Musty

P.S. I am already doing a bill switch, bill tube, Ghost bills and pen through anything... just customer rotation has slowed slightly and I'm getting some overlap and so I'd like one more effect!
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Burned Bill in Wallet ala Terry Seabrooke.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Self folding bill.
$2 Window.
Bye George.(coin production).
Ultra Visual Nightshades.
Traveling Cash. (elastic bands). Harlan.
Hundy 500. Wilson.

Mike Bornstein a few booklets on only paper money.

Jean Hugard put a booklet out called Money Magic. All paper money tricks.

A link to another bill topic:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
$100 Bill Switch
Card Warp using a card and a bill
Pen or pencil through bill
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Emergency Cash..
Fraud...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On 2007-12-18 15:46, Larry Barnowsky wrote:
$100 Bill Switch
Card Warp using a card and a bill
Pen or pencil through bill

Larry..he is already doing 2 of your 3 suggestions??
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Cramped, it's a signed bill in marker cap that they've been holding the whole time.

Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Special user
Curtis The Mentalist
505 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
How about Richard Sanders' "Slow Burn?"

http://www.sandersfx.com
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Special user
Curtis The Mentalist
505 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
My bad.

You asked specifically about effects with "borrowed" bills.

Slow Burn is, nevertheless, an outstanding paper bill effect.
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Greg Wilson's "Foreign Affair" uses a gimmicked bill, but you could easily modify it to use a borrowed bill:

Borrow the note.
Perform the bil switch, changing it into a $1 bill
Perform Foreign affair, ending up with the original borrowed bill.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
Thanks for everyones suggestions, much appreciated Smile Keep them coming if you feel any have been missed. I think I have some stuff to work on.
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Floating bill is a very good choice for the venue.

Also using the bill switch for a torn and restored bill is nice (Roger Klause).

Richard Sanders has a wonderful signed bill to magic marker that has been out in the open from the start.

Last but not least is FreshMint by Cameron Francis and is a wonderful bill to tic tac container and for the work that your doing, it would be worth it's weight in gold! (I use this all the time): http://www.full52.com and Cameron is a regular at the Café also.

Steve
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Robert Neale's BUNNY BILL.
For me the very best and a great give away.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
There are a lot of good effects mentioned here.

PM me and I'll share an incredibly clean and practical bill effect that Larry West shared with me about 30 years ago (I can't post it here because the method would be exposed in a public thread). This is not a magician fooler (magic designed to fool magicians doesn't interest me) and instead is a quick effect that gets a great reaction in the real world, plus it leaves the spectator with something to remember you by.

Larry
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
You might want to check out John Carney's "Logical Bill trick. It's paper & coins.
Very pleasant trick.
-Gary
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
David Tower
View Profile
Regular user
David Tower
124 Posts

Profile of David Tower
Here is something that I have been doing lately that has become one of my favorite openers as well as something that can be done any time anywhere. Generally I can use one of my own bills or borrow one (you could even simply pick up a napkin, sugar packet or just about anything). I take the object and mime pulling off a tiny bit off of the corner and hand the bill back. I roll this tiny piece into a ball and place it into my empty left hand for everyone to look at. I then pick up the invisible something with my right and hold it up to the light (at this point both hands have been seen to be empty). Finally I wave the fingers of my left hand over the invisible something in my right hand and instantly a half dollar appears in its place.

The principle use a “put” as defined in one of Michael Ammar’s coin magic videos. The principle of the “put” is also covered in Gregory Wilson’s “Off the Cuff” as a routine called “Something from nothing”. You can also find something very similar in Gary Ouellet’s book “Close Up Illusions” known as the “Silver Dust Load”.

I don’t want to go into too much detail as I don’t want to expose anything. I will tell you that I usually go on to turn the half dollar into a giant coin using a “jumping shuttle pass” but that is not impromptu. However you could transform it into a credit card which could be impromptu.

David Tower
David Tower
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Roger Klause's Face value is a good one as well.
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
Well Ultimate Bill switch usually draws a big gasp (changing a 20$ bill into a 5$ bill right before the spectators eyes) If your a beginner its great and simple.

You can find this trick on the dvd: 30 tricks &tips with a magic TT, by magic makers , eddy ray teaches you.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
This is off topic but I have to say that if anyone does not know the bill switch then get the John Lovick book Switch. Or Roger Klause's book you will learn it much better that way then from the Penguin dvd. You will learn the correct way to do it as well.

The M.M dvd misses many fine points on the switch and in My opinion is not worth the time or money.
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
RS I agree completely. I bought this DVD last year I believe at my local magic shop. It covers the basics, and some basic material. But also gives you 30 tricks which I found helpful (most I already knew how to do before I bought the DVD). The M.M version is great for beginners.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Money/Bill Trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL