The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Past Midnight - Full Review (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I had a Magician at a tattoo shop out here floor me with an effect from this set. Now I want it. It was a pick a card effect. I shuffle I pick it he finds it. simple.....
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4296 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Just got the set in the mail!! Looks top quality just from the case, except that the 3rd disks was not on the holder of the disk (you know that middle thing on every disk case). It was loose.

Too bad I cannot view it this time! Family is around, I have to wait until tonight...ahhh! I'm so excited.
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
Quote:
On 2008-02-04 10:46, Philippe wrote:
Any problem with Ramjollock?

I use it, it works.
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
Just an idea. Ramjollock can actually allow 3 shuffles quite safely if you use your head a little...and theoretically more than that, but I wouldn't go there.
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
This dvd is full of fantastic psychological and structuring ideas as well as great technical magic. A lot of thought is contained within. Also Ben knows his material and where it comes from.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1658 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes, Ramjollock does work! And yes, you could do a few more shuffles. But my main problem is that most of my friends over here in France do not know how to riffle shuffle... But for magicians it's awesome (and for people who can riffle shuffle...)!
Ben
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
If they can't riffle shuffle, get them to cut the deck in half, then if you ribbon spread each packet, so they are parallel to each other, like train tracks, then they can push them into each other, it gives the same results
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Wanderer2
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Wanderer2
Is it somehow possible for me to buy the third disc, and not the whole set? The psychological work is what I'm mainly interested in.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4296 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Nope.

This was my only Birthday present I got and I love it.
Anyway the whole set is brilliant. I got it a couple days ago and performed ramjallock method mixed in with card to pocket and then performed sow by the lug as a test to see how it plays out in performance..very nice stuff in this set. Vol 2 is one of my favorites even though I'm into mentalism.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1658 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks for the advice Christopher! However, this way you have to have a table...
But good idea!
Ben
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4296 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2008-02-09 11:10, Christopher Williams wrote:
If they can't riffle shuffle, get them to cut the deck in half, then if you ribbon spread each packet, so they are parallel to each other, like train tracks, then they can push them into each other, it gives the same results
This is a good idea, I had to do this to a couple of my test audiences It all worked out in the end.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4296 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2008-02-10 13:07, goldeneye007 wrote:
Thanks for the advice Christopher! However, this way you have to have a table...
But good idea!
No you don't, you could just give it a riffle shuffle without the bridge, hand it to them. Have them push it together.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1658 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes, of course... My concern with this approach is that in this case you have to have the deck in your hand and NO MATTER how clean you do the shuffle, people will be a little more suspicious, even unconsciously...

Beleive me, I know what I'm talking about: if you do the trick and NEVER have the deck in your hands before the final revelation (actually I've come up to a method which doesn't even require you to touch the deck AT ALL...), the audience will really be AMAZED. Try it: do the same trick both ways and you'll see. That's always what people (mostly friends) told me : if I touch the deck, for them I did SOMETHING (even if it's not the case, again, no matter how clean it is), they don't know what, but they think I did.

It could be summed up this way: if you touch the deck you're a magician, or, "worse" (in this particular case), a sleight-of-hand artist, if not, you're a mentalist... I already hear some of you fell offended: it's just an image...

But I admit it's a good alternative.
Ben
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1658 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Just a precision: I've nothing against sleight-of-hand, and my friends magician even think that I use too much sleight-of-hand techniques. It's just that some tricks are more the sleight-of-hand type, some others not. But at the end, it has to look magical. In Ramjollock, I think it should look like a mentalism type of effect, that's all...

Hope I didn't offend too many of you...
Ben
jennings
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of jennings
I was lucky to meet Ben in the Ruskin Hotel in Blackpool last Sunday evening at the conclusion of the annual magic convention. (It was about 3.30am !) He performed 'Thought Of Card To Pocket' and 'Playing The Odds' as well as demonstrating some of his false shuffles. Having seen just a few of the effects he performs I bought the set from him. His stuff really is exceptional and I would recommend it to anyone.
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
Great set

I perform today the first time Thought of Card in Pocket for my brother, the only thing that he said after the trick was this is not funny Smile
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1658 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Right... Smile It really gets on some people's nerves. I experienced that also...
Ben
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
A very skilful performer. Great talent and thinking.

Hennessey
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Just had an awesome idea but it has probably already been thought of haha.

The actions in pseudo brainwave provide a perfect cover for using a named card with a memorized deck instead of having the spectator look at / take a card.
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Just wondering if anyone can comment on the bonus manuscript that was included for the first pre-orders. I (regretfuly) waited for a review before purchasing so just wondering what I missed out on Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Past Midnight - Full Review (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL