The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Dye tubes info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
From time to time people will complain that they have trouble with various gimmicks like the Palmo because they believe they have small hands. I have seen Duane Laflin lecture a few times and spoken to him at length at his booth. Although large in stature as a magician and teacher, Duane is not a large man and has small hands. Yet, Duane manages to effectivly handle Hankballs & palmos in many interesting and unique ways. I recommend checking out his DVDs on silk magic including his DVDs on the Hankball, Palmo, and The Silk Fountain. They are well thought out and well produced. You will certainly learn from them.
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13354 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2008-01-23 06:09, Lester wrote:
Hi,

I would just like to say a big thank you to Richard and Bob for their invaluable help regarding my Half-Dyed Silk problem. I shall investigate the possibilities of other recepticles!

Best Wishes,

Lester

Duane laflin has a palmo DVD that has a "take" on the half-dyed routine. The whole routine uses just one palmo and 3 15" silks.

Something to explore.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
casibb3
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of casibb3
Best treatise I have found is the "Rice's Thru The Dye Tube". Its a small booklet that I have used for many years, and it covers many styles and types. Try to locate a copy of this publication.

Frank
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Part of my lecture since 1977 is my TT dye tube, called "thumb-dyed". Using TT methods for doing the dye tube, but with a color change using with a hole in the TT. Dushek had the same idea with a slightly different placement of the hole. (independent thoughts). Advantage is, no steal to get or get rid of the dye tube.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Can anyone suggest a supplier for a very large dye tube or cannister (three or four 18" silks - as in Duke's Dye Version) or a good "hardware store" object to make one from?

Thanks.
HappyJay
View Profile
New user
Akron, OH
13 Posts

Profile of HappyJay
I would also be interested in a dye-tube-type device that could hold three 18-inch silks. Does anyone have any ideas for this?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Rice still has the larger Al Baker style tubes that could have weight added into it to make it work.

The hardware store, large pill bottles, empty tomatoe paste cans (as per the original) all work. Abbott's also sells the gimmick by itself.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My wife is a physician and, therefore, pill bottles are my resource of choice. However, I also like the clear plastic tubes used to contain fluorescent light tubes sold at hardware and home improvement stores. They are flexible and are more comfortable to me because you can flatten them a bit.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Dye tubes info (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL