The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Run rabbit run (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
Hello I'm looking for a run rabbit run

anyone think this one is good , and will last me? Oh by the way I preform kid shows . http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=2278
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
You get what you pay for, if you are lucky.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
426 Posts

Profile of daver
If you want a cute alternative, there's a version (knock off?) of Hippity Hop Rabbits over at Daytona Magic called "Bunnynauts" - basically a Hippity Hop with an astronaut theme.

A little different twist. I've seen it, it's pretty well made, and the kids get engaged a little more with the outer space story...

Dave
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Three words for ya...."Run, Wolf, Run". The item from http://www.wolfsmagic.com.

Steve
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1218 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
If you don't want to spend the small fortune on the Wolf product, a good alternative might be the Supreme model, about $100. It's all metal, and the rabbit is proportionally larger to the house than the one shown above. A nicer model and one I've used happily for many years.
Marc
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
You do get what you pay for.

Steve
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1218 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
And more out of what you put into the routine.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I agree. Someone who does smaller venues, maybe less often, does not need to buy expensive props. The audience does not have a clue.

If you treat a less expensive prop well, it will last. Of course, if it is too cheap, it could be a peice of crap. I have a 'knockoff' called Bakery Bear that has lasted me for 15 years and still looks great and works great (about $100)

No offense to Steve, but he is always pushing the expensive stuff Smile

I don't need a prop that can stand a nuclear blast Smile
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I had and used an Abbotts "Run, Rabbit, Run" for YEARS. It was the smaller, all-wood version without a base, probably from the 1940s. Held up rather well, but I take care of all my props. Also had and used a junky Mexican-made bright yellow diebox that made it through thousands of shows. Nothing wrong with props like that at all. Matter of fact, in smaller venues, I use Mike Bent's "Pizza Oven Surprise". LOVE that routine and the pizza ends up on my back via the same method used in my Sliding Disc Box, using a magnet. No pins to worry about. Don't get me wrong, my Run, Wolf, Run has its place in medium-large shows, especially since I found the PERFECT case for it. No chance of damage now! I just figure that magic props, when cared for and used, are an investment. If I wanted to stop using my RWR, I could probably sell it for more than I paid for it (with that case)...that's something my wife certainly can't say when she buys another purse or pair of shoes!

Steve
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Chance's tag line says it all, Built to perform and designed to collect.

I have one of his snake baskets, and I think I paid about $1100 for it a few years ago when he was building them. I have seen one go on Ebay for over $2000. that's a pretty incredible return on an investment for only a few years. My problem is I don't think I could ever part with my basket...lol, so I don't think Im ever going to make a dime on it...lol But to me as collector peice its priceless. I don't think I could eve take that prop on the road and abuse it in shows, I want to leave it in prestine condition, keep for just showing friends and family and other magicians, special occasions etc. So I can see how the cheaper models of something can be very appealing in that regard. I would probably do the same or buy two of chance's and keep one for performing and the other for collection, if I could afford it two of whatever I was buying that is.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
That's how I feel about my Wolf's Magic "Outhouse", too!

Steve
curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
I found Waldo hiding behind one of my
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
So Yeahidomagic -- what did you end up getting, and are you happy with it?
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On 2007-12-20 15:29, Peter Loughran wrote:
Chance's tag line says it all, Built to perform and designed to collect.

To me those two don't fit together. If I bought any of that expensive Wolf stuff I'd be too paranoid to use it! Five or six shows every weekend - it's going to get scuffed or damaged.

As it is I replace everything that gets touched by a child in the show once or twice a year (sponges, silks, ropes and paper items that get dirty etc) anyway.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
My Run, Wolf, Run has it's own case, and the extra wolf has a metal washer attached to the rear...2 words for the "on the back" finish...BELT MAGNET.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Run rabbit run (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL