The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychological Forces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Hi,

I have read Psychological Subtleties 2 and Sean Waters "Ponderings" and really enjoyed them.

I was wondering what you guys would recommend to read or study as far as Psychological Forces are concerned.

Currently, I have a few nice routines using pocket writing, if someone should walk up to me and ask me to show them something. I would like to add more because I don't want to overuse pocket writing which is very easy to do.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

The CiscoKid
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
CiscoKid,

Thanks for the mention!

I hear "Naked Mentalism" is a great work along those lines. It's on my "short list" of books to buy in the new year.

Sean
Subgenial
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Subgenial
The two books you mention are very good, of course.
Can I recommend Sanctum2 and Sanctum3?
(I have a review copy of this S3 - although I think it has been releaced now). Sanctum is totally based on psychological forces and includes some really 'cutting edge' ideas that take some of the ideas from PS further.
Also S3 looks so gooooood!
'Are we here?'
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On 2007-12-19 10:04, Subgenial wrote:
The two books you mention are very good, of course.
Can I recommend Sanctum2 and Sanctum3?
(I have a review copy of this S3 - although I think it has been releaced now). Sanctum is totally based on psychological forces and includes some really 'cutting edge' ideas that take some of the ideas from PS further.
Also S3 looks so gooooood!

Here, here! I just got S2 (recently) and it is very very nice!

Sean
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
Touching on Hoy (Coral Fang - Luke Jermay) is a great little effect using a verbal force.
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
I would also suggest Sean Water's e-book 'Ponderings'. That has some great work on it. And Luke jermay's 'Building blocks', Kenton Kneppers 'Wonder words' series, and Derren Brown's 'Pure effect' (if you can find or borrow it). And also 'Car', in Kenton's 'the secret'. by me.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Between the Lines by Michael Murray will give you a lot to work with.
The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Thanks guys,

Psychicturtle, I have Seans ebook and I agree it does have some great stuff in it. Of the other 3 that you mention, which would be your first choice as I will probably end up buying all three, but one at a time.

Thanks Don Theo, I think I will purchase Between The Lines.

The CiscoKid
Lumas
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
202 Posts

Profile of Lumas
Psychological Subtleties 1 when it is reprinted. A must have book.
The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Thanks Lumas,

I agree, I have number 2, just waiting for the reprint

Thanks,

The CiscoKid
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Quote:
On 2007-12-19 12:36, Don Theo III wrote:
Between the Lines by Michael Murray will give you a lot to work with.

Oh yes indeed, and Sanctum2...
Personally, I would go for 'Wonder words' if you are into using words to create the effect. If you are more interested in 'waking hypnosis' type pieces, creating minor hallucinations and removing memories etc., than Building blocks would be my first stop (alongside Ormon McGills Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis).

My piece 'Car' is a psychological force of any word or object written or drawn. It is one of those reliable 95% of the time pieces, the other 5% (when it doesn't work exactly) it doesn't even register as being an effect. You may like it.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Sanctum 2-Sanctuary is ALL about psychological forces. Carry the card in your wallet!

For parlour S-3 is great.

I also will second Sean Waters e-book!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Crap,

The best deal that I have found on Pure was $300, I don't mind spending the money but I think I will wait on that one.

Roth, I have Sanctum 2, I bought it with my Relic and Scorpion, BTW, great items. I haven't had chance to read through it as I have acquired an extensive collection of books and videos in the past several months and I absorbing them one at a time. I will re-visit Sanctum 2 during my vacation next week.

Next on my list is the Witches Almanac.

Thanks guys,

The CiscoKid
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
Pure Effect and PS1 are NOT worth $300. They're both good books, especially PS1 - but you're definately wise to hold off at that price point. I was lucky enough to pick up both at their retail prices, and although I feel I got good value from both - the prices, and some of the talk I hear about these two titles is a little over the top.

Pick them up when they get reprinted.
Brucelee
View Profile
New user
Master of Nun-Chuckin'
70 Posts

Profile of Brucelee
Naked Mentalism is all about psychological forces. Check the reviews.

Brucelee
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Bruce

You are mistaken. I've read the book, it like my Popular Selection use a employs a different principle.

Tony
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Quote:
On 2007-12-21 14:12, kriskraze wrote:
Pure Effect and PS1 are NOT worth $300. They're both good books, especially PS1 - but you're definately wise to hold off at that price point. I was lucky enough to pick up both at their retail prices, and although I feel I got good value from both - the prices, and some of the talk I hear about these two titles is a little over the top.

Pick them up when they get reprinted.

Probably about the only thing we will agree on Kriskraze.

Happy Christmas

mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Always good to end on a note of agreement. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychological Forces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL