The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » World of War craft. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
So, I'm considering this game. Even going as far as paying a monthly subscription.

Anyone else do it? Any suggestions on an inexpensive beginning (sans the 10 day free trial). I admit to complete ignorance.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
JackScratch on Alleria. Been playing about 2 years now. Don't do it. Think of your wife and child, what will they do without you?
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Well, I always spend time on these forums, so I don't think they'd notice it. Every video game I've played has not been online or against real opponents. I think this would be fun.

Also, think of this Drew, you could kill me! That would be satisfying eh? Smile
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Look at the game on Amazon and read the more recent customer comments - my kids were playing it, but say that the most recent (mandatory) patch has bollixed up gameplay to a frustrating degree, and they've given up on it.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Watch the South Park Episode called "Make Love not Warcraft" it will explain why you should not buy that game.

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2007-12-20 19:31, Josh Riel wrote:
Well, I always spend time on these forums...

Not any more, if you buy it.

PS - many game systems now have (free of charge) online multiplayer modes - my 16-year-old is now taking out terrorists with team members from all over the world on his PS3 (or PS2), and my 20-year-old avoids studying while battling orcs with his college roommate along with others from online.

BTW, the "no monthly fee" factor is worthy of consideration - at $15/month for WOW, we're talkin' $180/year. Ouch!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Quote:
On 2007-12-20 19:31, Josh Riel wrote:
Well, I always spend time on these forums, so I don't think they'd notice it. Every video game I've played has not been online or against real opponents. I think this would be fun.

Also, think of this Drew, you could kill me! That would be satisfying eh? Smile

I don't PvP, ever. So no, I couldn't/Wouldn't kill you. I play online games for the cooperative play. Accomplishing goals with the aid of other live players. I have found PvP to be the bastion of bad behavior.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I see you and I disagree on yet another thing.... The value of violence.

I bet we would have been best friends had we lived in the same town.
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Been playing since Beta 2....if you need help or info on the game just PM me Josh, I would be more than happy to help you out.

--Jim

p.s. If you have any sense of self-control you can play this game without losing your social life, wife, and kids. Most things are best in moderation, this game is no exception.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I am a great proponent of using moderation, but only in moderation....

Yeah, I'll PM you Jim, Thanks.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Thanks to Jim, I have started playing. So far it's pretty cool!

Thank you very much Jim!
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Just started playing this... It's as addicting as crack...
Eddie Ivan Torres
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-12-21 11:56, Josh Riel wrote:
I see you and I disagree on yet another thing.... The value of violence.

I bet we would have been best friends had we lived in the same town.

You should try "Left 4 Dead," not only do you have to cooperate with 3 other people (The computer plays them in the single player mode) but you also get to mow down scads of zombies! Violence AND cooperation both in the same game!

Mind you, you do get the odd ball now and then, one guy started with the other three in the safe house, shot them down and ran out on his own. The zombies ate him! (This is not a game you can win by yourself, you need the other guys to help!)

Quote:
On 2007-12-21 12:38, Josh Riel wrote:
I am a great proponent of using moderation, but only in moderation....

Yeah, I'll PM you Jim, Thanks.

"All things in moderation, and moderation's the first to go!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I'm still playing the ***ed game.

Unfortunately, seeing as I have the attention span of a circus monkey as well as the social skills of a rabid skunk, I have about 3 dozen characters that I play when I get bored with another.

My wife thinks that I need fewer hobbies.
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
I am gona try to never start playing WoW.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Since this is about WoW... and some people might not think I was a loser... I have been levelling a Dwarf Paladin on Kil'Jaeden. Paladins are a lot of fun. Only level 22 now, but still I have a hard time deciding who to play lately, Mt NElf Feral Druid, my BElf Shadow Priest(Wish I made an undead), or my new Ret Paladin.

I thoroughly dislike my DK and rogue... And the variety of others.

PVP servers are fun as hell. If you like violence (And I do).

/End gamer nonsense.

I know...
/mock
/LOL
/spit
/dance
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Vic Mingnoia (sp) is a voice actor who's most famous for playing Edward Elric from "Full Metal Alchemist" He doesn't actually play WoW, but some friends asked if he would do this fake commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZqcW-xu5c
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
This one is better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JF03i7NfIU

taken from a german film, people have done everything from "hilter gets banned from WOW" to "hitler gets banned from AOL instant messenger"

all very funny
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 01:09, kcg5 wrote:
This one is better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JF03i7NfIU

taken from a german film, people have done everything from "hilter gets banned from WOW" to "hitler gets banned from AOL instant messenger"

all very funny

OK, that was funny, but I liked the Vic commercial better.

What's "bottling" and why will it get you banned?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » World of War craft. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL