The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » John Edward (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of The Feegee Mermaid
The Medium.
http://www.ourstrangeworld.net/?p=11453

For or Against?
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
I am strongly against this.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2509 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Some people will believe anything...
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
South Park covered this. Biggest do*che in the universe.
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of The Feegee Mermaid
Against.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
There was a lot of discussion on this board when Criss Angel and Jim Callahan got into it on Phenomenon. As I recall, it was because of this very reason. Criss was upset that those who claim they speak to the dead prey upon vulnerable people. That is exactly what John Edward is doing. I guess he is also trying to ressurect a career.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think you are all a bunch of intefering biggots.

If they want to believe that - then who are you or anyone to be "against it".

Civilised world we are supposed to have freedom of choice. To believe what we want to.

Personally I think its a load of rubbish but its not my mission or right to be against anyones beliefs.

Why do smart arse magicians believe its is their mission or right? Because they know a few slieghts thet think they are protectors of the world?

Give me a break.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 07:21, robwar0100 wrote:
There was a lot of discussion on this board when Criss Angel and Jim Callahan got into it on Phenomenon. As I recall, it was because of this very reason. Criss was upset that those who claim they speak to the dead prey upon vulnerable people. That is exactly what John Edward is doing. I guess he is also trying to ressurect a career.

Bobby

Since you "resurrected" this example, get ready for the chain reaction.
Jim Callahan is not and does not do what John Edwards claims. CA did do a show where he purportedly contacted the spirit of a deceased little girl, a night or two before Phenomenon aired.
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
'mindpunisher', yes, we do have freedom of choice, and also an obligation to criticise claims and opinions that do not hold true. This is also a freedom.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Againist
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4291 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I plan on building my career by contacting John Edward after he gets killed by a mob of irate magicians.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Ridiculous!
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 12:25, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
I plan on building my career by contacting John Edward after he gets killed by a mob of irate magicians.

Only going to happen if he transends humanity and becomes a cyberbeing. We all know magicians are only activly violent behind the keyboards. Smile
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 12:51, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 12:25, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:

Only going to happen if he transends humanity and becomes a cyberbeing. We all know magicians are only activly violent behind the keyboards. Smile

Both of these quotes appear to allude to the increasingly pathological projections of the "Penny For Your Thoughts" forum. I think that it's all due to rampant dyslexia. The Magic Café sign must read to many as, "The Magic Saloon" (keyboard brawling encouraged). Smile
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 07:34, mindpunisher wrote:
I think you are all a bunch of intefering biggots. ...

If they want to believe that - then who are you or anyone to be "against it".

Civilised world we are supposed to have freedom of choice. To believe what we want to.

Personally I think its a load of rubbish but its not my mission or right to be against anyones beliefs.

Why do smart arse magicians believe its is their mission or right? Because they know a few slieghts thet think they are protectors of the world?

Give me a break.

Wikipedia stats that "A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own. "

Mindpunisher, based on the Wikipedia definition, it sounds as if the comments you posted could be considered bigoted. I guess it all depends upon perspective.

If it is not your right to be against anyone's belief, then why did you waste your time responding to ours?

I don't care that we are different, after all, that's what makes the world go around. However, our differences should be explored with respect and sensitivity.

Thanks,

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Then the same can be said of the post above this. (Not that I'm saying it mind you. Smile )

The circle goes unbroken.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Wikipedia also states that "Criticism/Debunkers
Many debunkers are rather controversial because they have strong opinions and can be vocal about things such as religion and pseudoscience, which may offend people. Some, such as Marcello Truzzi (who self-identified as a skeptic), maintain that some debunkers are excessively and dishonestly skeptical, and thus not true skeptics but "pseudoskeptics". According to Truzzi, genuine skeptics are neutral or agnostic, often critical of new claims, but not vehemently opposed to them. They want better evidence. In contrast, pseudoskeptics are simply deniers with an agenda and often use unscientific arguments to debunk what they oppose. According to Truzzi, true skepticism would recognize the need for better evidence, but not actively oppose, ridicule, or discourage further investigation into any subject by serious and qualified researchers."
Too often on these threads (of this forum), respect and sensitivity is severely absent. Many here are also becoming "jaded" due to the amount, frequency and poor timing regarding the appearances of "the topic at hand". A great deal of understanding is what also needs to be shared here more often. Thank you Tony I. Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Canis Cavum
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 11:09, Tom DeVoe wrote:
'mindpunisher', yes, we do have freedom of choice, and also an obligation to criticise claims and opinions that do not hold true. This is also a freedom.

Then why when anyone says anything that might remotely offend any religeon on here is immediately dismissed? Plenty stuff in the Bible is obcviously not true or at best selectively refered to.

If the above holds true then I don't think you have any right. The people who go for these type of readings won't change their minds anyway. And I find the smart ass superior attitude from those that have learned "magic" to be quite distasteful.

Youve learned magic tricks keep your noses where they belong. Doing magic tricks.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Robwar

If you read my post I am defending the right of others to believe and take part in their lifestyle.

This thread is not about defending lifestyle its about smart arse and probably socialy inept magicians trying to create an air of self importance by sticking in their noses where they don't belong.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » John Edward (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL