The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » John Edward (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Sha-poopee Sha-poopee
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of The Feegee Mermaid
Is Nyarlathotep for John Edwards or against?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Nye is for him of course, as Edward promotes darkness..... bahhahahaaaa

Now then, EdawardS I thought also meant the plural of people like Edward.... he being now an archetype versus just a mortal - what he was granted by Nye for becoming his agent of chaos on Earth.

Nyarlathotep is the Patron Saint of Charlatans... he poses as one himself... but as he is the Ultimate Charlatan - he actually has real cosmic powers - aye, that is the rub.
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of The Feegee Mermaid
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
I've had a few sessions from local guys who do this sort of thing. I think most of them are sincere. They are not trying to scam people. They may be self deluded, but they are sincere.
AlexSem
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of AlexSem
The guy on TV talking to the dead: against
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
This is a fascinating thread. Those arguing "for" John Edward seem to be using the one rebuttal:

* Let people believe what they want to believe because there's a lot worse stuff going on out there in Churches etc.

Okay. Other than the "nyah nyah nyah what about YOU!" school of debate, is there any other reason that a man going on TV and pretending to talk to the dead relatives of his audience while professing it's real is okay?

We had a discussion about it on my blog a few days with the Terri Irwin/John Edward show coming up, and there's a really good opinion expressed here news by a journalist from our major national newspaper. Worth a look.
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
I know believers who wouldn't be able to get out of bed and face the day if they didn't think that things like this were real. Large portions of the human race seem to need John Edwards types to give life meaning. I doubt any skeptic out there has the power to change this basic facet of human nature.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Sheesh, I came to this thread thinking I was going to be able to read up on the Iowa Caucus.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2008-01-03 02:24, Tim Ellis wrote:
This is a fascinating thread. Those arguing "for" John Edward seem to be using the one rebuttal:

* Let people believe what they want to believe because there's a lot worse stuff going on out there in Churches etc.

Okay. Other than the "nyah nyah nyah what about YOU!" school of debate, is there any other reason that a man going on TV and pretending to talk to the dead relatives of his audience while professing it's real is okay?

We had a discussion about it on my blog a few days with the Terri Irwin/John Edward show coming up, and there's a really good opinion expressed here news by a journalist from our major national newspaper. Worth a look.

Pretend or not, it is impossible to talk with the dead therefore lies the scam. It really is ridiculous to believe such rubbish.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
There is no problem talking to the dead - the trick is getting them to talk back
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
And you quoted from the music man earlier, Dr, then Don Theo said Iowa...are you plumbing strange Canadian psephologies from afar?

Hey, we're against JE except Isnot is not.

And it's really cold down here, too.

--coup
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Its cold in Shoggoth Town... really cold
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
It would be hoped he were real he could do better than first initials and poor cold reading.

Not to mention asking so many questions!
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
I'm getting a message that there's someone out there with the initials M or E who is about to post in this topic......
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Tim, you are amazing. How did you know I would post?
Oh wait, I see you wrote it on the back of the playing card... it says, "I knew you would post on this forum, Joe Marotta".

(I still love that effect, Tim!)
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
Quote:
On 2008-01-03 17:41, Harry H wrote:
It would be hoped he were real he could do better than first initials and poor cold reading.

Not to mention asking so many questions!

It's interesting that there are a high number of skeptics that are convinced of pre-show work.

That's admitting to being impressed with his 'hits'.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On 2008-01-03 15:53, Steven Conner wrote:
Pretend or not, it is impossible to talk with the dead therefore lies the scam. It really is ridiculous to believe such rubbish.

I don't necessarily approve of JE, but do you have any proof of this?
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Does John Edward have any proof that he DOES talk with the dead?

I obviously can because, as you can see, I predicted that Joe Marotta would be the next person to post!

I said "M" and Marotta starts with M.

What more proof do you need?
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
And just in case people say "Oh, but you said M or E"... what letter precedes the M in Joe Marotta???

E

EXACTLY!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » John Edward (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL