The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » John Edward (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Exactly what Occam would say "Enough Talk - Kill the sunovabit**"
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Mysterion The Mind reader
View Profile
New user
Toronto
47 Posts

Profile of Mysterion The Mind reader
Lies Lies Shame!!! I never like the false leads of people like him, Browne, and others who claim to have psychic powers to help people grieve, fix life problems etc... We live in a time of knowledge and education and my (our) work as mentalists is to entertain and create a world of excitement and disbelief, not create blatant lies to lead people down the garden path.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 11:42, IAIN wrote:
As mediums can talk to the spirit, and therefore able to pass on messages to the otherside, how come one of those mediums have never written a book on "what the afterlife is REALLY like..."

imagine the first one written, would therefore indirectly define the "truth" of what heaven looks and feels like, and also confirm what defines the human soul...

I wonder if the book would ever get written? maybe it has and I've not seen it..and then, what would happen if a second medium wrote one, but described things differently? or would they feel obliged to describe the same thing in order to keep things "realistic"..

They have there have been many books written by mediums when in Trance check out Alan Kardek for one here is a link to one: http://www.spiritwritings.com/kardecspiritstoc.html
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
All the religious Holy Books write about the afterlife. (They all say something different to one another if you've noticed...)

Do they qualify?

In all religions there is a practise of contacting the dead.

Check it out on your own. Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Pagans etc all have their own version of it... Even exorcising it when need be...

As mindpunisher puts it, why don't we go after them?

They make huge amount of MONEY as well, why don't they qualify as frauds?

Because they're religious?

Because what they do involves trance-like states as opposed to cold reading?

Because it is sensitive so we don't discuss it?

Now where do you stand on this?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
MentalAlex
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MentalAlex
Yes John Edwards is basically the same thing as a religion. People don't want to talk about it because they think it is insensitive to. Religion plays on the mortality of people and their desire to live forever, beyond death, and urges people to put a dollar in the basket. Not to mention it gave the pope an ideological death grip over the whole of Europe for hundreds of years.

Everything else aside, here in the US, we pride ourselves on letting anyone say whatever insane ramblings they desire. It's this thing we do so that no one is oppressed by anyone. Nazis have the right to congregate on the street and march and hate jews and black people all they want. It is constitutionally protected. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have the right to try to stamp it out, regardless of what belief system it is. All you can do is offer an alternative. You can't legislate belief system, it doesn't work, it's called fascism.

How about instead of pontificating, you put together a show that illustrates how John Edwards works, **** off enough people to get on the news, and make a mint off of the free publicity? It's what Houdini did, and it worked out pretty well for him...
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
397 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
May I mention another of the edwards ilk,, Steve
godfrey, also total creep, from what I can hear.
he does a talk show and has the same edwards stchick,,,,,, all unbelievably transparent,,,,, but to those looking for answers they morph his generalizations into something, don't like the approach no matter who is doing it,,,,,,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » John Edward (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL