The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » John Edward (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 22:56, nucinud wrote:
John Edward, belongs in jail with Sylvia Brown. They give people false hope and take their money. It is one thing to be a psychic entertainer, but to lead people on with out and out lies, come on, this should be a crime. Case after case Sylvia Brown has been proven wrong yet she still gets away with her crap. What cracks me up, is that when an article appeared in Long Island Newsday about John Edward, they took a survey about psychics. Over 63% of the people believe he is real. Houdini wanted to believe that you could contact the dead. He was disappointed. We should tell the truth about these scam artists.

Going by that logic so do many religeous leaders and clergy.

Psychic turtle age 27. That explains it all. The age of knowing everything.

If you want to contact the dead try Paul Daniels he died years ago.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
For anyone who remembers her, how come no one's ever heard back from Doris Stokes?
I've asked to be banned
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
[/quote]

[/quote]

said by a bitter old man?

mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 06:44, abraxus wrote:
For anyone who remembers her, how come no one's ever heard back from Doris Stokes?

I did hear from her, and I informed her family that I had a message for them, but they refused to come to my show and wear something distinctive Smile

mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
187 Posts

Profile of R.S.
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 09:32, mescalitoeyes wrote:

[/quote]

said by a bitter old man?

mescalito
[/quote]

Not bitter old man. Someone who has been 27 and comes across many of that age.

Its a fact many people in their early twenties think they know everything.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 10:26, mindpunisher wrote:

True, and for some, age is not a factor. Smile

Happy Holidays
Peace and good will

:xmas:
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"I am not young enough to know everything"

- Oscar Wilde

As for the PRS that Icy posted up - blech... the BPRD would wipe them out in 3 seconds... Liz would pyroburst most of their heads and HB would crush their skulls...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Wow. There is a lot of bitterness here.

However, so as not to offend anyone in particular: The above statement was not meant to insult, belittle or berate. It was not directed at any one person be they male or female.

I intend no disrespect by listing male before female. All are equal. Everybody's "ok". Any views expressed in my posts are that of my own opinion. I am not responsible for sensitive and politically correct (read: dummies Smile ) persons coming down with ill feelings and blaming my or their ancestors for any misgivings.

The smile placed after "dummies" in previous paragraph is there to alleviate any said "sting" that may have been a burden to those feeling such personalized content being directed at them. It is NOT directed at anyone in particular or any group of people.

My posts reflect personal opionion and therefore hold no legal weight.

Now, please everyone notice the "caution: hot" notice on your coffee cups, pay the new tax coming up in San Fransisco(?) on non-diet drinks because it makes you fat, and don't forget to spell it "womyn" not woman.

Now for the REAL disclaimer. That was all tongue-in-cheek.

Oh yea, Happy Hol- I mean Merry Christmas. Smile
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
It's sad when people actually think one can "communicate" with the dead. Shows just how desperate some people become after losing someone and how they are unable to move on and put the past behind them.

Memories and sadness of losing a loved one is understandable and expected. When one thinks someone can come along and tell them what their loss might be saying to them, they are being sold pure snake oil. It's too bad people get away with peddling false hope while playing on the emotions of others.

Mark.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
I think the 'disclaimer' that was flashed across the screen at the end of his show provides us with plenty of clues:

“The Producer has relied heavily on the contributions of John Edward and other third parties in the creation of this program, which has been produced for entertainment purposes only.

“The materials and opinions presented in this program by John Edward and other third parties, including statements, predictions, documents, photos and video footage, come solely from their respective third party sources, and are not the views, opinions and responsibility of the Producer and are not meant or intended to be a form of advice, instruction, suggestion, counsel or factual statement in any way whatsoever.”
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 10:36, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:

Happy Holidays
Peace and good will

I don't profess to know everything just whats I need. I say live and let live. I certain;y don't believe that I know enough to think I should protect others from their beliefs.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-12-24 14:24, mindpunisher wrote:
I don't profess to know everything just whats I need. I say live and let live. I certain;y don't believe that I know enough to think I should protect others from their beliefs.

Well said!!!

Happy Holidays.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 14:24, mindpunisher wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 10:36, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:

Happy Holidays
Peace and good will

And neither do most 27 year olds. But you seem comfortable enough to make an assumption that we all do.

mescalito
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 13:55, Joe Marotta wrote:
I think the 'disclaimer' that was flashed across the screen at the end of his show provides us with plenty of clues:

“The Producer has relied heavily on the contributions of John Edward and other third parties in the creation of this program, which has been produced for entertainment purposes only.

“The materials and opinions presented in this program by John Edward and other third parties, including statements, predictions, documents, photos and video footage, come solely from their respective third party sources, and are not the views, opinions and responsibility of the Producer and are not meant or intended to be a form of advice, instruction, suggestion, counsel or factual statement in any way whatsoever.”

Not sure what kind of clues you are picking up other than a producer (more likely their legal dept.) covering their behinds should someone sue the show - as opposed to John Edward. It's a pretty generic disclaimer that would probably be on many talk shows.

Quote:
On 2007-12-24 12:05, mrunge wrote:
It's sad when people actually think one can "communicate" with the dead.

And if someone told you that they find it sad that people actually think they can't communicate with dead loved ones, who would be right?

You? Because you know some magic tricks?

I think where critics are missing the point is that it all comes down to BELIEF! Not facts. Not knowledge. But opinions.

I've seen enough of John Edward to think he actually believes in what he is doing. So does his followers. For those who subscribe to 'Live and Let Live' philisophy; Isn't that enough?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

I've never seen the man live, just on TV, but many of my friends in the Spiritulaist Churches have seen him and hold him in the highest respect.

That means a lot to me.

Tony
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
P.T Barnum was right!
And I am way past 27, I am 61.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I love the quote on the vid R.S put up. I paraphrase here:

It's easy to talk to the dead...the hard part is getting them to talk back. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
To quote Norman Beck in January's M.U.M.
"To say that you have four cards when you really have five works well for me, but to lie about real-world facts bothers me."
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
FocusYourMAYND
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of FocusYourMAYND
I have a high respect for John Edward and many other mediums. I don't buy these broad generalizations about every one of them "defrauding a vulnerable public" or anything of the sort. Most readers I have encountered have deep compassion for their subjects and provide what I consider to be a valuable & therapeutic service.

Jonathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » John Edward (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL