The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Eddie Gibsons Coin Unique (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Is this item still available anywhere? I have been looking, and most dealers tell me it is no longer made?
Thanks
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I don’t know where you're based, Rowdy, but it's fairly easily obtainable here in the UK, in UK currency.

I stopped using it after I spent probably my fifth one. I still miss it, though!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I’m in the midwest (USA) and haven’t found a source for this item yet!
John F
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of John F
The last time I checked thetrickery.com had them in stock. They also have a demo video at showtheatre.com. It comes in U.S currency by the way.

John.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
It does come in US currency, I am sure I saw it at Magic Smith if I remember correctly!

Smile

http://www.magicsmith.com/cgi-bin/webcart/webcart.cgi

Quote:
Coin Unique by Eddie Gibson
Think Scotch and Soda without the weird looking foreign coin.
COIN UNIQUE is a locking shell type of effect, which can be performed without any sleight of hand or tricky moves. This is a self contained, precision-machined masterpiece! The gimmick set is a LOCKING MAGNETIC, US Half Dollar with a shimmed US Quarter inside its face. Read that again!
With this wonder, the array of possible routines is endless. It’s a whole new world of close-up coin magic. Ten different effects are supplied in the instructions
Bare Hand Coin Vanish, Coin thru Glass, Coin thru Table, Coin In Deck, Switch Away Coin, Coin thru Hand, Matchbox Coin Vanish, Coin thru Silk, Shrinking Coin, Fake Take Vanish.

Quantity: 0123456 Retail Price: $55.00
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Thanks for the info! I found it!
coinlover
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of coinlover
I bought it at Hank Lee.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
You can also find the euro version at http://www.zyworld.com/coinpurse/Prestomain.htm
Myrddin
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
108 Posts

Profile of Myrddin
You'll also find it at the main source: Eddie Gibson's store:
http://www.eddiegibsonmagic.com/

Peter
eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
I know how you felt Ross. I try never to take mine with me if I am going near a pub. It seems to be a horrible pattern with me. Have a pint, spend my coin unique. I suppose it shows how good a gimmick it is that this happens.
I have developed a horrible trait in recent years of running my thumb around the center of £1 coins in the hope I may get my (or some other poor benighted magicians) coin unique back. Often wondered if the Bank of England has a huge stack of these somewhere!!! Smile
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Keep trying, Eggshell. Try poking the centers of the coins as well. I got my first cigarette-through-£1 gaff that way, so now I always check.

I wonder how many lost gaffs there are in circulation by now, and what types get spent most often.

Cheers,

Cy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Eddie Gibsons Coin Unique (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL