The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Poetic Bibliomancy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2839 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
When he proposed marriage to poet Elizabeth Barret, poet Robert Browing picked a book at random from a library and asked the book to predict the future of their love.

The book turned out to be an Italian grammar text, not particularly promising.

Browning opened the book without looking and chanced upon a sentence used as a translation exercise: "If we love in the other world as we do in this" the sentence read, "I shall love thee to eternity."

Not only did his wife love him, she wrote her immortal poems Sonnets from the Portugese for him.

The Witches' Almanac couldn't have done any better! Happy Holidays and New Year everyone!
nboisen
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of nboisen
That made my day! Thanks...
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Lovely Bill, Happy Holidays!!!
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Bill that was a perfect post for a perfect holiday. To You and Yours from Me and Mine...Happy Holidays.

George
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Bill,

What a lovely quote. Bravo and thank you.

Have a marvelous Christmas.

Gerry Hennessey
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Poetic Bibliomancy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL