The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Home Video Prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maleficia
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, ON, Canada
101 Posts

Profile of Maleficia
Hi guys. I originally posted this as a separate thread entitled "Add a Number?" in this forum, but I think I need an entirely new thread for what I'm after. I apologize to the mods if this adds unnecessary mess to the board!

Anyway, I'm trying to come up with an alternate handling of Julian Bond's "Home Video Prediction" that involves a dream date. The video will be an interview with a guy and a girl recorded ahead of time which predicts the name of the restaurant (or movie, or whatever else the couple does), the color of the girl's dress, and how much the evening cost. I was originally going to keep the "color force" from Julian's handling of the effect for the clothing color prediction (picking a Skittle from a clear bag and noting down its color on a dry-erase board), but that seems a tad bit fishy.

After thinking about it for a little while, I think I need to scrap my original idea and rework it entirely. This means I need a way to force three mental selections on three individual spectators: a venue (restaurant, name of a movie, whatever), a color, and a price... the add-a-number deal might still be a viable option for the last item, but can anyone steer me in the right direction of where I might be able to figure out a way for the other two forces? I've considered adapting either a mental epic routine or a variant of confabulation, but I'm not sure if either of these would be appropriate for a video prediction...

I hear "Mentalism Incorporated Vol. 2" and Banachek's "Psychological Subtleties 2" might contain ways for this to be accomplished, but I need more advice.

Help!

-Mal
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
On psychological subtleties tells about forces for colors and numbers but it is more complicated with dates or restaurants. I was thinking about using Luke Jermay´s Touching on Hoy presented on a video that you filmed days before and says everything they think about.

Juan Ordeix who got 2nd place on 2006 FISM went to the contest with an envelope and gave it to one of the judges. He ask him a card, three digit number, how much money you will bring to a dinner ,a date and something else I don´t remember. Everything was there and the three digit number that the judge said was the final 3 numbers in the bill. I heard that Copperfield want to bought that effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Home Video Prediction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL