The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review - Jay Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic 2.0 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I love the Gravity Vanish. And the thinking behind Rollover Retention.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
Thank you for the review man.. jay sankey always creative in creating such a strong routine in coin magic. my favorite is his coin across routine.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
There are some gems on this DVD. Just have to be open to finding them.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
OK, I'm getting asked, so here's what I have found to be real workers.

Java Transpo: A copper/Silver routine using a coffee filter. I think this is a great routine. I have not tried it out yet, but I think it would play very well. The borrowed coin ( quarter )is signed.

Recurrency: Multiple vanishes and reappearances of a half dollar. It appears twice on top of your wallet, Then inside it, Then under it. This is a challenge piece. You need to know your audience and what you can get away with. But it plays wonderful. When I know they love magic and want to be entertained, I have it appear twice on top of the wallet. If they are skeptical, just once. IT's a fun routine also.

Spinner: KILLER effect. Show a coin ( gold coin let's say ). Place it in their hand and they make a fist. Take out a half dollar and spin it on the table. The second time spin it and ...BAM-it turns into the gold coin and they have the half dollar. Visual, kick ASS routine.

Strike Three, which we've mentioned in the thread. Killer trick. Plays BIG!

This is a HUGE DVD. It takes hours, if not days to go through it and pick what appeals to you and then work on it and perform it.

The routines I got from it use borrowed and extra coins, but no ###lls or other gaffs. This isn't a beginners DVD ( hey, it's version 2.0 ). But, much of it isn't knucklebusting.

I say it's a winner. If you like Jay ( ok, Sankey nut here ) and you want to learn some new moves and routines, this is going to serve you well.

Anyone that doesn't like it, try one of the routines above first. I feel, if you buy a book, or DVD and get one routine or even a move that elevates what you do, it was worth it. I've gotten several and am still going through the DVD.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Thoth
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Thoth
The only problem with "Spinner" is that it's a slight rehandling of Bob Fitch's "Tornado". "Tornado" can be found on the COINvention DVD. I think Sankey came up with this independently, but it's essentially the same trick.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Doesn't the Fitch effect use a gaff?
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
It's hard to top the work he did on RCM 1. It'll be some time before I exhaust the routines presented there. It sounds like RCM 2.0 is pretty advanced and probably best left to those with multiple years of experience handling coins.

M
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
Quote:
On 2008-03-30 22:04, mballen11502 wrote:
It's hard to top the work he did on RCM 1. It'll be some time before I exhaust the routines presented there. It sounds like RCM 2.0 is pretty advanced and probably best left to those with multiple years of experience handling coins.

M

RCM 2.0 isn't more advanced than RCM 1.0, I would say they are pretty mauch of the same level. To me this DVD is a bunch of nice ideas to complement RCM 1.0 (which I love BTW) however, I would never say that it can stand as a DVD on its own. For me this does not even compare to RCM 1.0 (It have some nice bits and pieces of information though)
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I'm sorry but I have to agree. The production of this dvd was horrible. Although it did have a lot of good ideas. That said Im not a fan of jay. I hate how he keeps doing the voices and his overall teaching style. But this did give me lots of good ideas I can incorporate in my magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review - Jay Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic 2.0 (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL