The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best Coins for Palming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cosmopop1
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of cosmopop1
I just got New Modern Coin Magic for Christmas and I was wondering what are the best coins for palming (example half dollars, Eisenhower dollars, etc.) Thank you.

E.B. Nicholson
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
Well, you can palm almost any coin. It depends on your preference and also on your hand size. I have trouble with half dollars in my left hand but not my right, for example.

If the coins you palm have a good sharp edge to them it seems to make it easier to grip them.

I would suggest getting David Roths lecture notes on palming. It may also be on one of the NY Coin Seminar DVDs.
The real magic is family!
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
It depends on what type of palming you want to do, and the size of your hands. So, you need to just do some experimentation. I can't classic palm regardless of the coin, so won't comment on that. I have a more natural looking finger palm with silver dollars. Getting into and out of Downs palm is easier with half dollars or the newer dollar coins.

What are using the palm for? Look at the kind of effects that you like to do and then work on palming that is necessary for those effects, then choose your coins.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
I would say thinner coins are easier to palm. Barbers for short.
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
wackyvorlon
View Profile
New user
Sarnia, ON, Canada
72 Posts

Profile of wackyvorlon
I have a pair of Norm Nielsen palming coins. They're about the size of a Morgan silver dollar, and the thickness of a dime with sharp milled edges. Personally, I have found them much easier to do the classic palm with than a smaller coin.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
For most palming you'll find that coins will milled edges make the grip more secure.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
For my hand structure it's halve$.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best Coins for Palming (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL