The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Hardest hitting mentalism effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Quote:
On 2007-12-28 21:13, robwar0100 wrote:
Michiel,

Hey, Hello Smile
Quote:
I have been exploring mentalism for a couple of years now, and two things I still have not pursued, but think I must, are billets and Q&A. The billet angle I have taken care of with a recent ebook purchase, and I have Osterlind's Very Modern Mindreader. However, I just don't feel comfortable with it. Any suggestions?

If you have taken care of the angles etc its like Nike, just do it. I reccomend having reading skills is a must to and you don't need to do it completely cold(there is some information given) so in both Q&A as in Psychometry routines you can be SPOOKY and STUNNINGLY accurate. It also deals with personal thoughts and emotions so it should be a highlight of the show! don't be affraid, just do it(if you wanna get away from being scared of it forever I recommend performing tervil! Smile)

Other effects(and I love the classics) are:
Drawing duplication(ODDS, Buma Board, impressionable MInd board, Tommypad, impromptu method, Shiner method, etc etc), Booktests(Hoy Booktest, Classic booktest, autome, Mother of all booktests, Dracula booktest etc etc),

Quote:
Thanks,

No problem Smile
Quote:
Bobby

Michiel
Quote:
p.s. As I reconsidered the heading about the hardest hitting mentalism effects, it reminded me of the fact that not a lot of people have experienced magic and mentalism live. So, effects we might not consider strong might have an incredible impact on someone with limited exposure to a practitioner of the magical and mystical arts.

I was reminded of this when I was doing some Christmas magic shows. Eddie Gardner of Diamond's Magic told me I needed to do a Santa hat tear for my seasonal shows. I picked it up, not really liking it, but trusting his judgment. For the audience, it was one of the most memorable effects. Personally, I still don't like it much, but the audience sure did, so I left it in. Worked well with children and adults. Go figure.

YOu're right. Some effects just don't read well on paper. I have many magician friends who say q&A and psychometry routines don't hit hard(in cinjunction with theire colorchanging decks etcetc). Well THeyre wrong, they slam a audience to the other side of this universe!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Hardest hitting mentalism effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL