The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What kind of palming coins do you use? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I am thinking about getting some dollar size palming coins. I don't like the Hank Lee ones (not dollar size anyway). What do you guys suggest and why? Norm Nielson? Harry Anderson? Others?

Also, they are all so expensive. Where can I get them for a better price?

Thanks,

FC
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Why Palming Coins? Last time I went to the bank Kennedy Halfs and Eisenhower Dollars cost $.50 and $1.00 (respectively). Are these to be used in conjunction with "Miser's Dream"?

Cheers! Smile Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I can use them with my Miser's Dream. But I want to use them in a multitude of flourishes. I can do a 4 coin roll down with Ike dollars, but it is much easier to do with palming coins. I can also downs palm a lot more palming coins.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I use regular coins for close-up, but for stage work I use palming coins. I prefer to use the ones that magicsmith.com sells. They are relatively cheap and work well. They are manufactured by Magic City and have a picture of Harry Anderson on them, but you can't see it from 5 feet away... Smile

Steven
Coram Deo
Juniper587
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Juniper587
Hi,

in answer to your question Nielsen palming coins
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I'll second Nielsen coins. I like the side grip they have. They are also ligther.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I use regular Kennedy Halfs and Eisenhower dollars for Miser's Dream and Nielson coins for challenging coin work and flourishes.
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Hank Lee's Palming Coins.
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
I sugest you to try with ordinairy coins.
Any type of it.
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
FC is being much to modest. For anyone who knows him like I do, I will say he does some of the best coin work I have seen (not to mention other forms of the manipulative arts). Not only that but I admire his dedication to the art of magic and the fact that everything he does he puts so much creativity into. I look forward to seeing what he creates with these palming coins and the routines he develops.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
I use silver pesos from the 1920's

every magician I show em to seems to snub them until they hold one and play with it.

they run about $2.

they are in between a half and a dollar in size I love em. get em just about any coin dealer.

if I was to be doin downs, miser and the such I'd use standard palming coins the thin ones probably harry's cuz I'm more familiar with them.
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
Nielsen..
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I guess this post has been drudged up from the halls of obscurity. I originally posted this 4 years ago. I have since experimented with Hank Lee's, Harry Anderson's, some generic stuff, and Norm Neilson. I have found that Neilson's are the best. I use them all the time.

Thanks for the undeserved complement, Kyle.

FC
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
FC: You are most welcome, but in my book you certainly deserve it. You are a very dedicated and hard worker who takes hi magic very seriously. I admire your dedication to the art and your creativity. It is always a please seeing you perform and having the chance to talk with you. Keep up the great work my friend.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Anderson coins are larger than dollars
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Fc I am in the market for some palming coins. could you tell me why the nielsons are better then hanks? I ask cause hanks price is so much better. I don;t have a problem paying for some quality tho
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Question is, which roll out better?
I use neilsons for palming large numbers, but they're not great for rollouts. I know a few top guy's use jagged disks of steal, but where on earth do you get them? I can't make them!
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I do my rollouts just fine (as well as my 5 coin Downs star) with the Nielson coins. Also Paul, you may want to check your hardware store for roofing disks. These are large metal disks like the ones you described.

Joshua, Hank's are a little larger than a half dollar. Norm's are a little larger than a silver dollar (speaking of diameter). Therefore they show up better on stage. And believe me, you need all the "show up" you can get with coins on stage. Unless you are just producing mass amounts of coins (pouring handful after handful), larger coins provide better visibility. Also, I really enjoy the quality of Norm's coins. You could buy one of each and just see for yourself before taking the leap of purchasing several.

Just my thoughts.

FC
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Ill try hanks for now, I just need them for simple misers dream but I want to load as many as I can for big pouring of coins, I figured palming coins might be easier then real halfs that I was going to use
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Anderson Coins are the same size as a silver dollar. Nielsen Coins have improved in quality with every minting. They were too thin to begin with, now they have some width to them. Anderson's are the thickest of the 2.

Both have good edges. Get a set of each and use the one you like. Dave Cressey (the mouth coil dealer) sells them and always has a supply on hand. Anderon's are made by a California Wholesaler so you have to get them through a dealer.

Nielsen are sold on his web site as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What kind of palming coins do you use? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL