The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Gypsy Curse (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
823 Posts

Profile of lin
Enjoyed that. Thanks!
BeachCat
View Profile
New user
Vegas Baby!
53 Posts

Profile of BeachCat
Big thank you to everyone who contributed info on this. It sounds like an effect that would fit my style and fortunately for me, I read French well and will search out those books mentioned. Are they still in print?. Thank you
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12155 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, Devereaux wrote:
If anyone is still following this topic, I recently filmed my take on this routine. Due to the Corona Virus 2020 and being self quarantined, I have had time to film some effects that have been on the shelf far too long.

This one combines the ideas and props I love from Christian Chelman (basic story), Doug Gorman for the card routine/props along with Vic Nadata at Gemini Artifacts. The props are gorgeous.
The last sleight I had to create my own "move" to accommodate the unforgiving camera.

Overall very happy with the outcome as this has been a favorite routine of mine for a long time and never had the chance to do anything with it.

Hope you like it (if anyone is still following this thread years later!) Smile

Greg
https://youtu.be/PRhLRlPSwnE

Very nice Dev. I just received my Gypsy Curse set from Gemini. I like your move. Nice vid and story.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3821 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Nice version Devereaux.

The latest version (in French) uses Ghost Bicycle cards.

Here's a version filmed during a show, the lights are far from perfect...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWTqML1PzVU
balzar
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of balzar
Devereaux: Thank you for taking the time to post your routine. An engaging story well told, and an elegant and deft presentation. Likewise, kudos to The Curator for adding his version.
There really is no substitute for video when it comes to fully understanding various approaches to this kind of effect.
Excellent food for thought in both these performances.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3821 Posts

Profile of The Curator
This is the original version of Pact cards. Only 13 sets were handmade.

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12155 Posts

Profile of John C
I love these Gypsy curse cards from Gemini. As well as the plot.

Anyone have a way of “smoothing” out the cards? I have a challenge with the hamman count as a card is often dragged underneath the target card.

Thanks for any ideas.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
I don’t use a Hamman Count. I use Joe Givan’s handling from his lecture notes. I believe he calls his routine The Mississippi Switch.
Woodfield
H2Odesign
View Profile
Regular user
the Armpit of the Panhandle
191 Posts

Profile of H2Odesign
Quote:
On May 10, 2020, The Curator wrote:
This is the original version of Pact cards. Only 13 sets were handmade.

Thank you for sharing your personal set, Curator.
After having Capricorn Tales, and endlessly searching eBay for such an artifact, just seeing an image is a rare treat.

Larry
mhsam
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of mhsam
I agree with the above Curator. Is there a chance that another set of the Pact cards will ever be produced and sold? It's the best Gypsy Curse routine I've seen! (Not that I want to sell my soul for a set, but coins (gold) might be an appropriate offer) !!!
sgiandubh
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of sgiandubh
Most entertaining version Devereaux thank you
GReed3649
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Very well produced video Devereaux. Start to finish it was very entertaining. I'm curious about the handling. Not being a "card guy" I've never put a lot of effort into learning "counts", how much dexterity is needed to learn this effect? I find this context rather compelling and it makes me think I should, perhaps, give cards another look.
tbsmith918
View Profile
New user
Ruckersville, Virginia
32 Posts

Profile of tbsmith918
I enjoyed that very much Devereaux... thanks for posting.
Tom
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5965 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, Devereaux wrote:
If anyone is still following this topic, I recently filmed my take on this routine. Due to the Corona Virus 2020 and being self quarantined, I have had time to film some effects that have been on the shelf far too long.

This one combines the ideas and props I love from Christian Chelman (basic story), Doug Gorman for the card routine/props along with Vic Nadata at Gemini Artifacts. The props are gorgeous.
The last sleight I had to create my own "move" to accommodate the unforgiving camera.

Overall very happy with the outcome as this has been a favorite routine of mine for a long time and never had the chance to do anything with it.

Hope you like it (if anyone is still following this thread years later!) Smile

Greg
https://youtu.be/PRhLRlPSwnE
Hi, where did you get the beautiful cards?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
balzar
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of balzar
Very nice presentation Mr. Devereaux. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1144 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I wish card shark would re-print the The Gypsy Deck and they also have a Gypsy Curse version that is out of print to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Gypsy Curse (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL