The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » NYC ring? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I've read the various "IBM vs. SAM" posts and, if you only have the time and inclination to join just one, the answer always seems to be to see which one of your local organizations is the best (or, which one clicks with you the best). I live in Manhattan and have been thinking of joining one of the groups this year. Does anyone have any specific comments or advice for me about the NYC IBM ring?

Thanks.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
NYC has a LOT of magic opportunities to explore. You might stop by Fantasma Magic and talk with a couple of the local magicians there. You might find a few there that you click with right away or you could get some feedback and see what you think.

Here's a link for their store for more info.

http://www.fantasmamagic.com/nycstore/nycstore_lectures.html

Good luck. Mark.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
My buddy that lives near NYC visits a small pizza place downtown where some magicians gather. I was there at this place last winter but didn't remember the name of it,how ever it was a nice little social place. You can find some places like that to hang out at,and share ideas.Even do some shows at small theaters like the one we have here in indiana that was a old firehouse. Some of the first magic gaffs I purchaced here were sold by Fantasma. I`m planning to stop at the Fantasma store if I ever get out yo NYC again. Thanks for the link mrunge.
Happy new year to all in the magic Café here Smile

Chuck
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Palm Bay, FL
382 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
I have found that every local magic club is unique. I suggest you visit several and get to know the group before you decide which one to join. Eventually you will find the one that fits you best.

When you do, that will be the one you will want to spend the most time with.

If you are not having fun in fellowship with other magicians, learning and performing magic at the club then find one that offers what you want.

Enjoy your magic!

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » NYC ring? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL