The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Dollar Bill to impossible place question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
So I was just wondering how would I take off the one number on the serial so I can have duplicate bills. Someone told me to use an eraser, so I tried that and it didn't work so where do I go from here??

Thank you,
Jeff
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
What trick are you trying to do ? I don't know who told me this but it might be illegal . Not sure so don't take my word for it . Maybe buy greenish looking paint and put a dab on?
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
If an eraser doesn't work, try (very carefully) an X-acto knife and slowly scrape the number from the bill. Make sure to use new, crisp, bills from the bank.

Mark.
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
I agree with mrunge , but do it carefully don't want to rip the bill. Oh and be careful x-acto knifes are VERY sharp.
David Tower
View Profile
Regular user
David Tower
124 Posts

Profile of David Tower
I have done this many times with an eraser. Maybe try a different type of eraser.

David Tower
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1083 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
The times I have done this, I just used a number2 pencil eraser and it worked fine.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
A #2 should work. If it does not you can use one of those erasable pen erasers...as they tend to be a bit more harsh.

You can also you a piece of fine steel wool. or a piece of very fine sand paper. All of these things have worked for me in the past.

Corey
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
If you have Fraud, that will answer you question.
Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
I never tried a #2 pencil eraser, I just tried using one of those eraser blocks that most kids use in school, I don't know why I didn't think of sand paper or steel wool, that's why the magic Café is so helpful. Thanks to you all for your imput, I will have to try them all.

Best,
Jeff
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
I use fine sandpaper. It takes awhile to get it right.
Frank
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Quote:
On 2008-01-03 21:59, Jeff77 wrote:
I never tried a #2 pencil eraser, I just tried using one of those eraser blocks that most kids use in school, I don't know why I didn't think of sand paper or steel wool, that's why the magic Café is so helpful. Thanks to you all for your input, I will have to try them all.

Best,
Jeff

One of those "eraser blocks that most kids use in school" will not work (unless you have hours free.) They are made for kids that have a heavy hand and are very mild abrasion.

Use an Ink Eraser, the kind that Staples sells with a regular pink eraser on one end and the gray Ink eraser on the other. I have used this for years, takes about a minute.

Bob
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17000 Posts

Profile of joseph
Right.....Pink/gray eraser does work well......
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
I never had much luck with "pink" erasers but the "gray" erasers do the job.

Gil
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2714 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2008-01-02 00:16, yeahidomagic wrote:
What trick are you trying to do ? I don't know who told me this but it might be illegal . Not sure so don't take my word for it .

It's not true. If it were not legal to do things to American currency (Except counterfeiting.) Would jewlers be able to make rings out of coins etc? This is a myth that has gone on for years and years. There would not be any Scotch & Soda coins, folding coins etc.... Time for this myth to die the death it deserves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Dollar Bill to impossible place question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL