The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Webcam question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I received a webcam for Christmas and was wondering what the best software to use was? My 4 year old nephew is moving to Montana and I would like to keep in touch with him by video chat.

Thanks,
Big Jeff
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Skype! Make sure he never set it too skype me, or random people ring you up.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Does Skypel cost Money?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Nope, all you need is a mic. If you want to phone peoples mobiles or house phones then you have to buy credit. Other wise its just a really cool phone/video chat messenger application.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Thanks, I'll set it up tonight.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
436 Posts

Profile of daver
Even easier is AOL Instant messenger. No need for an AOL account, and it is free. Just go to AOL.COM, go to the downloads and install AIM6. You both do that, it finds the camera and it works great. I use it to keep in touch with family, and even with home when I'm on the road ;-)
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Webcam question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL