The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Trick You Have Purchased (67 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..32~33~34 [Next]
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
At the moment Michael Ammar's topit design is my favourite purchase.
Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
Multi Dimensional by Promystic (simply amazing)
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Another vote for MD by Promystic

People see it a the real deal (thanks to Craig for making what must be seriously complex electronics so, so simple to use a child could do it).

I have found my feet with this and the presentation whilst easy to follow knocks their socks off!

I perform with the colour cube
Magikbob
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Magikbob
Yet another vote for Multi Dimensional by Promystic and also a thumbs up to Up the Ante by Martyn Smith
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
And, another vote for MD - the ESP cube!

Robert
Lavey
View Profile
Regular user
Luxembourg
150 Posts

Profile of Lavey
Invisible Deck & Thumb Tip.
Christian Lavey
Magician from Luxembourg https://lavey.lu
Magicien de Luxembourg https://lavey.lu
Zauberer aus Luxemburg https://lavey.lu
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Well, how can I put this? The word "best" is really subjective. I could list all the magic I've bought since 1977. That filled four trunks. At the time, I thought it was the best for ME. However...I learned a very important lesson at 54 years old.

I lost it ALL. In a foreclosure. I'm not having a pity party, so please, bear with me. I managed to get out (in 24 hours) with what I could carry in a small bag.

If it happened again, I'd say, what I learned from the DVD "Prohibition" was very valuable. I can always borrow a glass bottle and a couple of caps. Another is my Vernet Jumbo T.T., and a few 9" Rice Silks. The Rice Palmo Ball, and Simplex Dye Tube. The few gaffed coins, from Johnson Products, I managed to grab. And a 1000 meter spool of I.T..

Really those are my best. If I didn't have to worry about moving all the time (homelessness SUX!), and I had money to BUY it, a set of Paul Fox Cups and Balls from Rings N' Things 2, would be a great purchase.

I recently received a gift from someone (who asked to remain private), that absolutely blows me away. I respect their privacy, but it was a Paul Fox Cups and Balls set. That, so far is my favorite "trick". I am humbled beyond belief! They said the reason was, they no longer perform it, and it would be better suited to someone who does.

I have to admit, if I were to look at everything I lost, and what I saved. The Paul Fox Cups & Balls are THE BEST!

Doug

P.S. Don't get me going about DVD's though! LOL!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
The best for me was something I recently bought for less than one dollar. Heck, even less than fifty cents. I bought a gaffed quarter from Tango. The routines I do with it are impossible.

Regards,
Mike
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
OK, Mike I gotta ask, how did you get a gaffed quarter for less than $.50 from Tango? Sorry, it's really making me curious. Thanks!

Doug
Jacques
View Profile
Loyal user
North
206 Posts

Profile of Jacques
Over the year, I bought a lot of tricks. They sleep in a box.
I use just a few:
A Cups & Balls set.
Billard balls with s***l.
Lassen chinese coins set with s***l.

Instead, I prefer having a lot of books and DVDs to learn sleights so I don't need to buy tricks.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Quantum Connection & QB2!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Not strictly a trick in itself, but:
Royal card to wallet. I use it everyday and allows for CS transpo to wallet, CTW, ring & string finale...
Charlie
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I am not a "single effect buying person" by ANY stretch of the imagination. But, this year there were three that I bought and I love them all.

Steve Shufton's "Portal"
Martin Smith's "Up The Ante"
Shin Pei Ogawa's "Hole Surprise"

(Honorable mention to Alex Lourido's "Captivated")

Namaste,
Vlad
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow, Vlad, I just Googled those!

1. Steve Shufton's "Portal", a mini "Zone Zero"! Zone Zero is one of my favorite tricks!

2. Martyn Smith "Up The Ante", WOW! The ultimate bet, with a deck of cards! He never even TOUCHED the deck. Fooled me badly (along with the five spectators!)!

3. "Hole Surprise" by ShinPei Ogawa. Ha haa! An ULTIMATE moving hole. Amazing!

(Honorable mention) "CAPtivated" by Alex Lourido. Great routine to be combined with Prohibition!

Man, you picked three WINNERS! Actually FOUR! Man...You know your stuff. I made a note of those. Thank you sir!

Best,
Doug
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Showdown wallet from Outlaw for sure....
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hey Doug!

You have me VERY intrigued by Prohibition. Is this still available my friend?

Shufton's Portal is an EXCELLENT bit of diablerie, and the possibilities are mind boggling. David Regal's teaching on this as as thorough as one would expect. I am toying with idea of combining Portal with a cup and ball routine. In addition, Portal could make for a VERY interesting Miser's Dream. Smile

Namaste,
Vlad
PsychoJack
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of PsychoJack
Invisible Deck...
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2010-08-28 03:41, Vlad_77 wrote:
Hey Doug! You have me VERY intrigued by Prohibition. Is this still available, my friend?

Yes, and now, Charlie Justice has expanded the DVD, with AWESOME new tips, courtesy of Vinny Marini, Randi Rain and others, in a new release, Prohibition 2.0! Here's the info:

http://jeffpiercemagic.com/store/index.p......cts_id=9

Also, check out "Covert Coins", by Charlie Justice. If you do Coins Across, or Three Fly, I think you'll like it!

Good luck! Great ideas, with Cups & Balls, and Miser's Dream, by the way!

Your friend in Magic!
Doug
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Portal and chop cup are an amazing combination.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Snake Basket
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Trick You Have Purchased (67 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL