The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The WORST place to try and do magic...this is it!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2824 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I wouldn't have expected to actually perform during the walk! I would have thought I'd be at the end and entertain the guys as they come staggering in!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24306 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I once had a clubowner ask me to perform on a very high platform. I told him this was out of the question. I had acrophobia. It would have been a real nightmare.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
864 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Some years back, (around 1993, I think) when I was just starting out.. I jumped at the chance to do a gig at teh Hope & Anchor pub in Islington, London. Well known for spawning a load of 70's bands like Ian Dury & the Blockheads, Nick Lowe, Elvis Costello, etc - I should have known... It was a 40th. birthday party for a hairdresser. The venue is quite small, with a VERY loud band at one end, making conversation limited to about 20 secs between the numbers..I almost despaired!

I very quickly learned the art of mime..

As Bill Palmer, up above,says.,.,. watch out for light and noise levels. Whilst low lighting can be a bonus,, it can also be a hindrance.

I've refused similar gigs since then.. Ahh.. experience, eh?
But.. only a couple of weeks ago, I arrived supposedly to do a gig in a nearby local pub on festival day... to be greeted by about 20 kids.

I don't DO kids... but managed to keep them amused for 20 minutes. In the open air, with the sun in my eyes.. As the guy who booked me knows the kind of stuff I do, I assumed it would be adults.. Should've checked. Never assume.
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The WORST place to try and do magic...this is it!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL