The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
jfquackenbush
View Profile
Special user
Out here on the desert
622 Posts

Profile of jfquackenbush
Hi, I'm a new member of the forum and just stumbled on this project thread and I'm fascinated by it.

I'm not sure what the status on this is, but it looks like this project might be quite large and since it's for charity I wanted to offer to help with any editing/copyediting tasks that might still be ongoing. I'm probably too much of an amateur to be of much help with the magic, but I do have extensive experience as an editor and writer (google my user name with spaces between J F and Q and you'll most likely find some representative work) and also with production quality control (my day job) so if there's any help I can be on that front, I'd like to offer my services. In any case I hope that I can pass muster to be one of the people lucky enough to donate to the charity in order to get one of the non-contributor copies.
Mr. Quackenbush believes that there is no such thing as a good magic trick.
J?
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of J?
Just came across the thread myself.
I work in the district the murders took place so if anyone needs any current day photos etc for this, or any other help - there is a musuem in the building I work in for the area - not sure what is in it but can certainly go see - just let me know.

A blatent ploy to try to get involved in this I know!!

I was asking on magicbunny.co.uk about Ripper effects just the other day.

Good luck with it and do please contact me if you need anything!

J?
J?
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of J?
Oh I'll also add that I live around the corner to where Mary Kelly was buried in a common grave - St Patrick's Roman Catholic Cemetary.

J?
jfquackenbush
View Profile
Special user
Out here on the desert
622 Posts

Profile of jfquackenbush
Also, one thing I'll point out for ripperologists interesting in magic, lots of coin shops have cheap large english pennies from victorias rule. I bought twenty from the coin shop in the pike place market in seattle for 10 bucks, and got a good sample with Queen Vic's face on them from the 1880s.
Mr. Quackenbush believes that there is no such thing as a good magic trick.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Due to a dream I had last night - which involved the end of the universe - I have decided to abandon this project -I erased all the files and will never post on this subject again.

Sorry, but it was that or all of us going up in flames.

(Psssst - don't worry - the above is based on an ancient ritual involving the passage of Earth around the sun and the alignment of stars to calculate an important temporal event.... in fact, the numberless card of the Tarot speaks volumes of this issue)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
Yeah, it was a dumb idea anyway...
What is the color of magic?
J?
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of J?
In the words of the Mighty Sage, Mr T: "*** Fool!"

And from the ancient recording of life in the future where a sun has a corporeal existance: "Burn with me..."

J?
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Any updates on the project? I'm anxious to do my part in editing/proofreading either piecemeal or when all contributions are completed.

Just curious.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Shhhh! Don't worry.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2269 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Thank you dear Doctor for saving our lives !

K
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
669 Posts

Profile of Alel
The Band Of The Hand manuscript also contains a number of effects circling around the eerie persona of Jack the Ripper. It's a Docc Hilford material though, and you know what that means. Smile

Alel
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
No, what does it mean?
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Uh-oh...
BotH is my favourite Hilford book.
Murder by Mail is worth the price of admission alone.
[
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
669 Posts

Profile of Alel
I must agree DocSteve, Murder by Mail is indeed worth the price.

Alel
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
...or the Nightmare Coins.

It really disturbed the Wife.
What is the color of magic?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Don't underestimate a bottle of swamp water
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2269 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Who ever gave Andre the idea that I didn't want him editing the Ripper book, must have been drinking swamp water. PLease do not interpret my posts for me. if there are doubts/ misinterpretations; people can PM me toclarify any posting.
SO what did I say? Andre Hagen is exactly the sort of caring, qualfied gentleman for the job!

Any questions?

Kotah
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Huh what post are you talking about???
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Doctor,

A local magician friend read the following posts which appeared in sequence, and came to the misguided conclusion that Kotah did not want me to work on the book.

Ron and I have known each other many years. He came to my defense and I thank him for that.

--------------------------------

Quote:
On 2008-04-28 09:34, Andre Hagen wrote:
Any updates on the project? I'm anxious to do my part in editing/proofreading either piecemeal or when all contributions are completed.

Just curious.

Andre

Quote:
On 2008-04-28 10:08, Dr Spektor wrote:
Shhhh! Don't worry.

Quote:
On 2008-04-28 15:11, KOTAH wrote:
Thank you dear Doctor for saving our lives !

K
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
443 Posts

Profile of scolman
Hi guys,
Due to work pressures I think I missed the deadline for submitting material for the Ripper project.

I was watching an old Tony Andruzzi video a few months ago and was intrigued by his effect using a cut-throat razor. These razors always freak me out and make me think of the Ripper. I decided to make up a blade that was retractable so that it could look like it slices into things, kinda like the knife thru arm type effects.

I've called the apparatus "Sweeney's Revenge" but I want to make sure I've not "ripped off" any existing magic effects.
I'd welcome any comments about this and if you want to see the razor it's on our website at magicurios- won't be able to post a link 'cause I don't want to get deleted.

Thanks,
Simon
MC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL