The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Thanks Marco! I am sure Christian will swoop by this thread at some point and give us the yea or nay!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
Thanks, Dr! This project is a great and worthy idea.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Newsflash - Jim Magus just submitted a killer routine (killer OUCH)... nice!!!! Thanks Master Magus!!!
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Dr Spektor, your project is taking on a life of its own. A fantastic tange of people offering their talents. BY all means use any effect I have suggested on the ripper theme here on the Café. I currentlt await my fourth 1800's english penny. this one from 1888. I plan to place them in a square pattern on the table. Lay the blade of a dagger across any two at a time to create an equivique style elimination. Spectator taps one of the remaining two. Coin forced is turned over, shown to be the ripper coin 1888, In truth any one of them may actually have passed through his hands at one time or another.

Kotah
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Further reflection on the coin effect above' a title to justify the arranging of the coins into a square could be' Dark Incident At Mitre Square. THis group of amazing Ripperologists have the old wheels turning once again.

This is an exciting opportunity.

Kotah
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
KOTAH, you are on a dark roll! Glad this is getting us all going!

Bizzaripperologists Smile
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I just wish I had gotten more into ripperology and at an earlier age. This all sounds fascinating! I am glad you have this going!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
If this project goes forward, I will gladly donate:

"The Seventh W hore"

"Jack The Ripper is After Anabelle"

And "Jack The Ripper's Warning For Naughty Girls" written to be performed by a woman but can be adapted.

All three featured in The Black School, two of which were written with Anabelle, but I own full rights to them, though I'm sure Anabelle wouldn't object to their inclusion in this project.

Let me know.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Sounds great to me Alexandre!

(But I still want a Yeti claw)
Harm
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Harm
You can count me in. Let's start brainstorming!

Yours truly,
Bert
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Wow - excellent news flash.... if I can find a way to get permission - the book may feature a routine never published by a Master of the Bizarre who has passed into the Shadow Realms of the Worlds to Come... GP (see Jim's recent post in the Haunted Cane)...

Cripes... if we get the Ok - I am going to push to turn this book into a old leather bound volume, metal clasps, gold edging with hidden pocket sort of thing... watch out... this might actually become something totally insane... (more insane than I dreamed that is)...
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Anyone know hot to get a hold of Docc Hilford BTW? I'd like to ask him to join in too... he's been a Bizarripper for a long time!
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
It gets better and better!
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Yep sounds like it is getting better and better.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Dr.S, are you interested in contributions from the amateur side of the fence? Or is this strictly for the Pros?
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Dr.S, are you interested in contributions from the amateur side of the fence? Or is this strictly for the Pros?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I figure, send it in PM me and I'll fire you my address. Once I collect enough, I'll ask a few pros to review all the material and see whats what. I can say short is good Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Oh, if anyone is interested in writing some ESSAYS as opposed to effects - that would be great... like:

1) A synopsis of the killings

2) Why is Jack the Ripper so popular a theme

3) Small Theme sections - Lees the psychic / the Freemasons / the Undead Sorcerer / etc. i.e. various premises... short 1 pagers with some links/resources for further study

etc.

These will be in some ways more important than the routines... everything needs context!
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Won a bid on E-bay for a dandy double edge blade knife for mt mitre square routine
WAs outbid on thw 1888 Penny. Modified the routine so the date on the chosen coin is secondary. It is the only coin with a bloody thumbpring on the obverse.
Other surprises too. Simple stuff, basic magic 101.

Bruce, a Yeti book? Don't bite off too much at one time

kotah
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
I'm going to premier [oh the grandness of it! ;-)] a routine at the circle tonight - it's basically Sean Fields's 'Saw' with a chinese bit production on the end of the string (a la the Polo mint/Lifesaver routine).
My tale relates to Lizzie Stride having 2 Pennies put in her mouth to 'pay the feeryman', but a young morgue attendant swaps one for a worthless chinese coin, that he was swindled with earlier. However, after some spooky interventions alone in the morgue he recants, and unpicks the stitches around Lizzie's neck [her only wound] - only to find...[muhwahhaha...]
If it's any good, I'll write it up.

(If it bombs, I'll never mention it again...)
[
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL