The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
A strip of a page from Grey's ? A copy of 1888 news headline?
A white ribbon, some of it red ?
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Copy of Jack's envelope with 1888 repro stamp?
Small yellowed strip of writting paper with Jack's signature?
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Tone
How did I miss this?

If you need any artwork, don't hesitate to ask. (see website in signature)

I'd love to help!

What a project! I'll brainstorm for anything else I can offer...

A forward from Alan Moore- "Jack and Magick" ---- a possibilty?
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
A long strand of hair--
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Balaram, you are one creative bizarre bookmark dude...

Hmm.. maybe to personalize the books... maybe every few has a different style of bookmark - cuz Balaram's stuff is all great!!!

TONE!!! Glad to have you aboard - PM me and we can brainstorm!!!

Alan Moore? That would be fantastic - however... how on earth can we get to him now that he is so big??? Anyone have an idea? If not, I'll go the ol' DC comics route and hope for the best...

One ethical issue... or maybe not... if he writes the forward, I can send him a copy of the book sans all methods etc.... as I don't think he is a magician (he is a magician of narrative.... hmmmm)....

Anyone else have ideas? I was also thinking Eugene Burger might be a good Foreward type of guy
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Alan Moore now Haunts Northampton, and a friend of mine, who is an artist, says he drinks with him - maybe time to put such claims to the test?
I'll let you know.
Steve
[
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Let me know if I may look up anything else for you lads, this looks like fun and I'm game for chasing things down

look this up on ebay within the next 4 days or it will be gone

Rare Jack the Ripper book ... 1914 1 day left
Portland Transcript 1888 Jack The Ripper Poe Douglass 1 day left
JACK THE RIPPER PSYCHIC INVESTIGATION KILLER IDENTITY 1 day 11 hours left
Jack the Ripper London Police/Scotland Yard/FBI Files 4 days left
VICTORIA JUBILEE SHILLING 1888 (JACK THE RIPPER DATE) 4 days left
Jack the Ripper 100 Years of Investigation! 4 days left
Jack the Ripper Victim Image - C. Eddowes Autopsy 4 days left
Jack the Ripper's Black Magic Rituals - Ivor Edwards 4 days left
JACK THE RIPPER: PRINCE ALBERT & GEORGE RARE 1887 CDV* 4 days left

For recommended further reading:

* 'The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Source book', by Stewart P Evans and Keith Skinner, published by Robinson, 2001.
* 'Jack the Ripper: The Facts', by Paul Begg, published by Robson Books, 2004.
* 'The Jack the Ripper A-Z' by Paul Begg, Martin Fido and Keith Skinner, published by Headline, 1996, with a new edition due to be published in 2007.

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/journals/EH/EH35/haggard1.html
http://www.casebook.org/intro.html
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2008-01-21 23:05, Balaram wrote:
A strip of a page from Grey's ? A copy of 1888 news headline?
A white ribbon, some of it red ?

Good ideas. There was a link a few weeks back that could do custom newspaper headlines. That might be of use in creating the bookmark.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
On the JTR Casebooj site they have images of Death certificates for several of his victime, One of those would make an interesting book mark Scan it, print it out, cut it out and laminate it. Age the paper as you wish.
that's the book mark I plan to make for myself.

Kotah
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Actually, what I was thinking to personalize each book more is that such death certifact or other bookmark can have the purchaser's name (or stage name) on it... either as the coroner or the victim... Smile

I like the white thread with bloody end... that will be for all of them I think..

Headlines can be personalized too...

In the end, each book should be considered tailored for the wizard who buys it.

Maybe I'll hide some other goodies in it too.
Thamiel
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Thamiel
How about an original artwork in each one, perhaps an editioned wood-engraving or copper-plate etching? It could be tied into a specific effect...just a thought that popped into my head. PM me Dr. Spektor.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yikes! Ok Thamiel - hope you know a cost effective method Smile - better yet, just e-mail me since we already have that route open!!!
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Tone
Quote:
On 2008-01-22 07:45, Dr Spektor wrote:

Alan Moore? That would be fantastic - however... how on earth can we get to him now that he is so big??? Anyone have an idea? If not, I'll go the ol' DC comics route and hope for the best...

One ethical issue... or maybe not... if he writes the forward, I can send him a copy of the book sans all methods etc.... as I don't think he is a magician (he is a magician of narrative.... hmmmm)....

Anyone else have ideas? I was also thinking Eugene Burger might be a good Foreward type of guy

I wouldn't go "the DC route"...I think Moore parted ways with them on bad terms!

Not sure if he's a magician-magician, but he does practice "Magick"... so who knows?

Burger would be great! Perhaps even more appropriate than Moore...
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I think Eugene Burger would be excellent.
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
I have the original pen and ink drawing of St pauls and the London landscape "engraved in stone" by eddie campbell from the From Hell comics hanging in my living room.
I guess you could call me a Jack the ripper geek. If you want a high quality scan of the infamous From Hell letter go to my web page bloodyjack.com click on the Nightmare coins link then if you click on the little red devil on that page you get a 300 dots per inch jpg of the from hell letter.
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Bloodyjack
Cheers for that mate - absolutely fantastic.Steve
[
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2008-01-23 15:18, bloodyjack wrote:
I guess you could call me a Jack the ripper geek.

You can't be a geek - as what does that make all of us Smile?

Thanks for the cool image!

Newsflash: Docc Hilford just contacted me to say he will be submitting an original routine written specially for this book...

YOWSA
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Tone
Quote:
On 2008-01-23 15:18, bloodyjack wrote:
I have the original pen and ink drawing of St pauls and the London landscape "engraved in stone" by eddie campbell from the From Hell comics hanging in my living room.
I guess you could call me a Jack the ripper geek. If you want a high quality scan of the infamous From Hell letter go to my web page bloodyjack.com click on the Nightmare coins link then if you click on the little red devil on that page you get a 300 dots per inch jpg of the from hell letter.

! Smile !

Quote:
On 2008-01-23 16:09, Dr Spektor wrote:

Newsflash: Docc Hilford just contacted me to say he will be submitting an original routine written specially for this book...

YOWSA

! Smile !
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
After that bombshell, I can only offer little old me...dr. spektor - if you want to, please pm me with what kind of routine you'd want to plug any gaps and I'll see what I can russle up...

I'd rather do that, then send in stuff you might already have...

offer is there anyway...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL