The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2269 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I'm not an expert, but the razor you describe certainly sounds intriguing. Straight razors always look as deadly as they can be. Blackheart in the UK makes and sells an impressive razor ehich leaves a trail of blood. Your version sounds uniqie. sweeney Todd was a popular play in london during jacl The rippers rampage. A story concerning Sweeney also appeared in the Penny Dreadful pulp publications of the era.

Kotah
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey Simon - e-mail me whatever Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
443 Posts

Profile of scolman
Thanks for you comments Kotah, I have tried to get closer to showing actual cutting of an ear, finger or hand and then given the performer the option of having the razor inspected.

I also decided to release it in a wooden chest. Someone has already suggested that this chest be self opening like we do with our haunted keys which I think gives great possibilities to a ghost story/psychic investigation type story.

Bruce, are you saying it's not too late to submit something?

Simon
jfquackenbush
View Profile
Special user
Out here on the desert
622 Posts

Profile of jfquackenbush
Hey Scolman, I was just looking at the demo video for that the other day. it's very impressive. I did have one question about it if you don't mind answering it here: How much control does the performer have over the amount of blood? On the site I think it says there's a bloodless presentation, is there a way to amp up the blood or just do a small trickle with the effect? Or is it more of a with blood, without blood choice?
Mr. Quackenbush believes that there is no such thing as a good magic trick.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2269 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Simon, do you have a link where your razor may be seen? I would live to get a look at it. Thankyou .

Kotah
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Here you go Ron:

http://www.magicurios.com/sweeneys-revenge.html

Guess I have to start saving my pennies again.
What would Wavy do?
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
443 Posts

Profile of scolman
JF,
The blood can splatter out if you so wish. I didn't use much on the demo as it gets to some people.
The one I perform myself ends with my whole hand covered in blood. You put in as much as you want out.

I want to get some of these out into the market so people can get some reviews going so if someone wants a reviewer special, send me a PM.

Its good to be back in the Café after a year or so. I forgot how much there is to learn here.

Simon
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Gone for a year Simon? Sweeney's Revenge looks like a real winner. Hopefully I'll have an order in for it soon. Glad to see you back on. -JAlenS-
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
524 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Dr Spektor - How is the book coming along?
askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
294 Posts

Profile of askernas
Yeah, I want to build a website for it ! Smile

Maybe I could setup a blog for it or something for updates?
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Sadly things are a bit behind the times due to fatherhood, changes at day job, and a ton of must-do projects... so realistically, I would say this book will not be in time for Halloween... but on the bright side - as I PM'd some, I was thinking to launch it with a bunch of other bizarre charity project items in the summer of 2009 at a special gathering up North.... and then some people can get it there and I'll mail out the rest (once I figure out the price)....

But it will come... and the bright side.... no preorders, no money down etc. so keep smiling Smile... I plan to pay as much as the up-front costs as possible.
Stefan
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Stefan
I am sure it will be worth the wait. Sharp stories with an edge. Hopefully readers will get - the point.

- Jack
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
524 Posts

Profile of sibbie
October is less than two hours away and I was just thinking about this. I look forward to it being produced.

Dr. Spektor, is there anything that needs to be done that some of us can help with?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Patience - although it is time for art - if anyone has the ability to draw old style 'The Strand' style art ala Sherlock Holmes B&W - that would be cool. Although I have gathered a lot of royaltyfree and freeware pics - it would be cool to illustrate the book with MC member art - I have some like the amazing Doug Higley's piece for his contribution story...

But otherwise, its all patience. It shall be coming before Cthulhu wakes up!
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2269 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Bruce, someone on the news during the start of the financial melt down here in the US; said AIG had tentaciles which extended to businesses and banks in many countries over seas. Cthulhu may already be awake !!

Kotah
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Cthulhu wouldn't stoop so low... maybe some cultists tho'
askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
294 Posts

Profile of askernas
.. and once you have some artwork that can be used for the book, let me know and I can put up a page for this project...

perhaps a little blog-type thingy where updates can be posted and interest gathered for the project Smile

//Micke
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I would love to own a book like this.

Is there an email list to join to get updates?

Also, Dr. Spektor, if you could PM me about contacting Docc Hilford, that would be great. I can not find anyway of contacting him on the web.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey James - its me - Bruce - y'know.... the dreaded David Ben days...!!!

If you PM me an e-mail, I'll fire it to him so he can decide to contact you - I can't give it out Smile

As for updates, now that the Halloween season is done I can get back to work on this - it is compiled and I'm just shaping it a bit and then comes the editing - so I believe the summer is still a go!

(James, you finally came to Spooky - the ultimate friendly forum!!!)
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
ETA, Summer 2009... bound in leather... sorry its taking so long but I am making sure all premissions are in place, having to recopy things not in e-form, and other stuff... and there is no way I am making this a 1/2 assed product. At least, no preorder $ so don't worry be happy.

In the meantime, Beware the Ides of March... other dark and terrible things you will enjoy are coming.... because.... yes, its true... THE STARS ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!

Ia!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL